sleep paralysis

I was wondering and I know this may be a silly and curious question, but is there any way i can encourage myself to have an OBE? I mean I know there's probably no way to make myself do it, although I've heard of people who do it at will, but any way I can help it happen? hehe, does sound a bit silly. It's just that I really want it to happen to me!:p

I suggest browsing the new age section of a large bookstore. There you'll find books on how to kickstart an OBE. Also a lot of info online; try Google for "out of body experiences".

I know this is a sort of silly question, but...

To have an OBE don't you hafta, you know, leave your body? I thought sleep paralysis was just where you "woke up" but couldn't move for a little while.

I understand that in the conventional Chinese literature they've talked about this effect for a long time. I've heard them called "sitting ghosts" (you know, they sit on you) because people often feel as if they're trapped under something and can't move.

The Evil Sponge said, “Right before leaving the body in an OBE, one usually feels the sleep paralysis, ...” I agree with that. When I find myself paralyzed, I take that as an opportunity to have an OBE. When I relax and clear my mind, the vibrations often start then.

but I never get sleep paralysis. The internet sites I have found were no help at all almost but I have found two books although they're mostly about past lives, reincornation, stuff.
=)

Back