skeptics - the inner workings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thed

Good response. To answer the last question first, no, I don't believe Lazar, Hoagland, Meier, or the Hills, frankly. I'm not interested in the so-called "abduction" phenomenon.

I also believe credibility counts, and it never ceases to amaze me how UFO proponents will refer to known hoaxers. I occasionally see arguments along the lines of - "he took some genuine pictures, and then needed to fake some to keep the interest high"

or

Just because some of these are fake doesn't mean all of his pictures are fake.

Wrong. Credibility counts. No one should waste their time on known hoaxers, and no one wishing to write a credible book or do credible work on the subject should make any reference to hoaxers at all - other than to label them as hoaxers. It doesn't even matter if a hoaxer like Meier took any real photographs, which I seriously doubt.

As for why would governments usually at odds with each other engage in a conspiracy, well, that's a good question. I don't think they do. For one, I'm not taken with the idea of UFO crashes. I just don't think it happens. On the rare incident where there is a genuine UFO, it doesn't stand to reason that they would come so far (if in fact they did) just to crash in the desert. It is why I'm not fond of Roswell, which is painted as the end-all of UFOLOGY in the media. Roswell is a distraction which contributes little to a determination of the core identity behind the genuine UFO.

I think that governments are more likely to be interested in maintaining their own sovereignty and take actions consistent with that. However, if governments the world over are aware that their airspace is being repeatedly violated by unknown craft, I agree with you that it is curious that some leader, somewhere hasn't spilled the beans, and it is one of the more difficult questions that UFO proponents have to, and should, answer.

other problems with UFOLOGY

that I find frustrating:

1. An apparent evolution of the UFO (as photographed) from the 1950s until today - from a what could be termed an "old fashioned" look to a more modern look. Have they been updating their models like Detriot does? Even the hallowed Trent photographs from McMinnville, Oregon strike me this way. There are exceptions, such as the 1978 photograph taken on Vancouver Island, and used on the back cover of Sturrock's book. Classic saucer with dome. Still, I think the very look of many older photographs, some considered genuine, look more and more like fakes as time progresses.

2. and this hits again at my post above - too much acceptance of known hoaxers and liars. What really pains me is that I've started several books, including some by "known" authors in the field, just to see them bring up someone like Meier, and trot out arguments about maybe some of their material is good. What that accomplishes is to lower the credibility of the entire field another notch each time it happens.

3. Roswell. Who gives a crap anymore? The only thing I'll admit about Roswell is that some of the actions taken immediately after the alleged discovery are inconsistent with each of the governments explanations. But some witnesses have been effectively impeached, and fewer and fewer alive. Even the analysis of the ramey "memo" is subjective. I think the Air Force is just find with all the obsession on Roswell, which distracts us from more relevant activities. It is a dead horse, and its time to stop beating it.

4. Corso. Well, RIP Col. Corso. That was perhaps the most unconvincing book I have ever read. It is hard to fathom to motives of a supposedly honorable man in creating this travesty. The book didn't make sense often, was filled with historical errors, and just didn't have the feel of a truthful narrative. Either an outright fantasy or disinformation being put forth by an old soldier doing his percieved duty one last time.

5. Abductions. An entirely subjective experienced often mixed with attempts to analyze genuine evidence objectively. Given how often it is supposed to happen, its suprising we don't have saucer traffic jams over our cities. Some places, like parts of northern New York, are supposed to have this happening all the time. So why didn't Strieber put motion detectors, video cameras and other equipment all over his property? I should note here that I'm not calling all abductees liars, but due to the lack of corroborative evidence that UFOs are involved, I'm inclined to think that some kind of psycho-social activity is involved, but I can't quantify it.

6. UFO Updates. I used to visit often and even post from time to time. Now it seems to just be a pissing match between the "big boys" of UFOLOGY. Sorry, not interested anymore.

7. Slack-jawed rednecks. A UFO "documentary" comes on, and I get to see Lazar for the 1000th time. Or some yokel who says he saw something. You know it is a problem when Ed Walters is the highest quality guest they can get. We need more Sturrock, More Terry Hansen, more Richard Dolan.

Re: Thed

Originally posted by Ives
Good response. To answer the last question first, no, I don't believe Lazar, Hoagland, Meier, or the Hills, frankly. I'm not interested in the so-called "abduction" phenomenon.

Thanks for the compliment. It's rare for opponents on opposite sides of the fence to acknowledge a well made point.

I also believe credibility counts, and it never ceases to amaze me how UFO proponents will refer to known hoaxers. ::snips::
Wrong. Credibility counts.

Absolutely agree. More important, to me, is evidence. This seems to be the major sticking point skeptics want but the majority of UFO proponents get in a tizz about. A blurry photograph of something that could be anything is not evidence. Even eye witness testimony is not evidence. It is too well known that people are guilty of misrepresenting what they see or are out to make a buck.

What matters is a something like a device/material that could not originate on Earth.

::snip:: It doesn't even matter if a hoaxer like Meier took any real photographs, which I seriously doubt.

Actually it does matter. If there was one photograph you could not explain you have to accept the possibilty it is an extraterrestial.

As a skeptic myself, I have to acknowledge that we may indeed be being visited by ET. If we where then there should be evidence above and beyond what exists. It is a long step between accepting the possibility and assuming it is commonplace. My guess is that if we are being watched, we would never know it.

::snip good comments:: I agree with you that it is curious that some leader, somewhere hasn't spilled the beans, and it is one of the more difficult questions that UFO proponents have to, and should, answer.

There is another side to this, one often used against UFO proponents. Western democracies appear to be unable to keep secrets. There are countless examples of leaders being ousted by internal leaks. I, and fellow skeptics, find it hard to believe that some one, some where would not come forward with the hard evidence asked for, for something this big. Some civil servant always leaks the details. It's a point the Conspiracy Loons have recognised so they invoke the 'they are out to kill me or the evidence was destroyed' clause.

The truth is out there, but no one cares.

Hey Thed, just wanted to respond on the "keeping secrets" issue. I believe the assertion that the US government can't keep secrets is a pre-supposition often used in many debates, and it is demonstrably incorrect. It has simply been repeated for so long that people believe it.

Where was the public knowledge of Stealth before it was released?

Where are the exposes of secret Pentagon and/or CIA programs?

Where are the online lists of current intel operatives?

The list could go on and on demonstrating that when it has to, our government is very good at keeping secrets.

As for other governments - personally, I think the true UFO phenomenon is limited to objects in the atmosphere. so, there isn't that much to reveal. What I'm most interested in in that respect is gunsight photos. If all UFO incidents are natural phenomena, then certainly the military has taken a few pics and can verify this. If this is so, why not release the photos and put the issue to rest?

Ives

If all UFO incidents are natural phenomena, then certainly the military has taken a few pics and can verify this. If this is so, why not release the photos and put the issue to rest?

What does the military have to do with proving anything to UFOlogists? Why should they care?

They should care because the US Military is as an institution intended to protect the people in the country that it serves. Some people are so phenatical and scared to death over UFO's that if the US Military could prove them once and for all as a natural phenomenon, they should and WOULD do so out of it being a part of their primary mission.

For the record Ives, I sympathize with your frustrations. I even share them. UFOlogy is filled with profiteers just as much as it is credible people.

In June 1990, the Belgian Air Force released a report, including radar-scope photographs, of a 75-minute chase by two F-16 fighters of a UFO over Brussels on the night of March 29/30, 1990. During the chase, both interceptor aircraft detected the UFO on their radar; two ground radar installations also tracked it; and numerous witnesses (including 20 national policemen) observed the triangular object visually. The Air Force report stated:

"[On three occasions during the chase] the pilots managed to get their radars locked on the object, with the immediate result that the object's behavior drastically changed. The object literally played hide and seek with the fighters. It dived toward the ground to evade the airborne and ground radars. Then it climbed back into radar range in a leisurely manner, thus initiating a new chase."

Government files released to the public included a transcript of the conversation between the air traffic controller and the two F-16 pilots during the intercept mission. Excerpts of the transcript, translated into English, were reported by the Mutual UFO Network. The communications indicate highly trained pilots with topflight aircraft and radar, totally frustrated in their attempt to catch the elusive UFO due to its incredible maneuverability and its capability to abruptly change speeds.

military encounters

ok
aint no farmer/people out to make a buck
do we have the tech to do stuff described?
skeptics, how do you wanna spin this? wouldnt you give more weight to sources such as this?

but I don't think what Spookz says is quite reasonable.

there probably are more holes in the quotes. if anyone wants to point them out, i'll tack on the rebuttal below the original.

Last edited:
They should care because the US Military is as an institution intended to protect the people in the country that it serves.

Then I submit they are not doing their jobs – look at all the UFO kooks and nuttesr still running loose.

Some people are so phenatical and scared to death over UFO's that if the US Military could prove them once and for all as a natural phenomenon, they should and WOULD do so out of it being a part of their primary mission.

Nonsense, the military has nothing to do with that – we have mental institutions for the fanatics.

UFOlogy is filled with profiteers just as much as it is credible people.

I’ve yet to see anyone involved with UFOology (believers) who is credible.

skeptics, how do you wanna spin this?

If by ‘spin’ you mean reason, there is no need to look further – this statement says it all:

The object literally played hide and seek with the fighters.

Those pesky aliens – always playing hide and seek. Ample reason to travel light years to Earth.

Spookz

I don't recommending interacting with Q on this subject. Q is not interested in give and take, but in insulting and ridiculing people who hold different opinions from his. Just look at his posts, with his statements full of perjorative terms such as "nutters" and "kooks", and his suggestion that UFO "fanatics" (everyone who disagrees with Q is a fanatic, apparently" belong in "mental hospitals".

Q has demonstrated time and time again an inability to debate, and shows an obsession with UFO proponents that mirrors his accusations of "fanatic".

Further, his suggestion of the use of "mental hospitals" shows a lack of understanding or awareness of the plight of the mentally ill, with whom I work. Millions of people in this country labor with mental illness, an affliction they neither asked for nor deserved. The "mental hospitals" that Q references are usually under-staffed and under-funded, but trying to treat a segment of the mentally ill population that are in their time of most dire crisis. Q insults their plight, and insults those interested in UFOs through his uninformed and ignorant responses. This behavior should not be countenanced on any board, and I urge you to ignore him. At some point, certain behaviors simply breach human norms of behavior and respect, and those who violate these standards should suffer the punishment of indifference and being ignored.

Ives

q

that was totally pathetic q
what you are saying is, if visited by aliens, they should queue up at dulles int, land and request an audience with the leader. what good are aliens if they do not play by the rules eh? go thru the proper channels and whatnot.
if they do show up will you be there with a ruler to rap on thier knuckles (if any) if they step outta line?

it is impossible that they would be nosey, here to observe, probe defenses.

The object literally played hide and seek with the fighters. It dived toward the ground to evade the airborne and ground radars. Then it climbed back into radar range in a leisurely manner, thus initiating a new chase."

the alien topgun exclaims.....how do you like me now, nigga!
:D

pathetic! exactly what part of....

*both interceptor aircraft
*two ground radar installations also tracked it
*20 national policemen

....dont you understand?

Last edited:
ives

I don't recommending interacting with Q on this subject.

and i recommend you not get bitchy in here. q is valued poster in here and i decide my associations

btw
welcome to sciforums. love the posts

:)

You're right, and as a newcomer here I shouldn't be popping off like that. Admonishment noted. I think I have simply become comfortable enough on my other board to have outgrown the kind of interplay I've been having with Q. And frankly, even when I made that post to you, I was in fact kind of baiting Q, which I shouldn't do, and which was juvenile of me.

I think what bothers me is the fact that I don't like being characterized as a "believer". I have really have no basis to know whether there is anything to the UFO phenomenon. There are days when I have my doubts. There are other days in which a review of the totality of the circumstances around the UFO phenomenon suggest that something of an unusual nature is happening.

I am 43 years old and successful at what I do. Much of my work is spent analyzing extremely complicated situations and working with others to create practical solutions. I have learned to have a certain degree of confidence in my ability to think. I am not a teenager gushing earnestly about aliens among us. I have looked at the UFO situation in a broad perspective, considered the history and positions of the players in that controversy, reviewed some of the more significant incidents and concluded that it is worthy of some of my attention. I also believe the subject is one of the most unstructured, fractured and confusing areas in which humans seek knowledge, and frankly, full of crap. I also am wary of some UFO "investigators" who seem invested in a given outcome and then structure their work to achieve that outcome, while trumpeting the merits of objectivity.

So I'm not here as a defender of UFOLOGY as a whole. In fact, it is entirely possible that some day I may change my mind about the phemonenon. I've been around long enough to have discovered that life leads one to beliefs and attitudes one would not have considered at earlier times in life.

I am anxious to engage in reasonable discussion on the subject. I regard my interest in the topic as one in good faith, and don't particularly enjoy being labeled with perjorative terms. However, I'm a big boy and should know better. I'm angry at myself for engaging with Q in the very pissing matches that I despise. I accept responsibility for some of the rancor between me and Q and will try to not engage in that behavior any longer.

The Belgian incident is one of the most impressive UFO encounters in modern history. Those claiming it was nothing more than atmospheric distortions should know that Belgian police officers had been called into the area where it was first sighted and reported the object was a black triangular "floating machine." So we have the Belgian police, Belgian Air Force as well as two NATO tracking stations authenticating the incident. It is uncontrovertable that some kind of intelligently controled artificial craft was involved. Now, WHO's craft it was, and if it was even manned or not is not a question I can answer. What it does say is that the incident cannot be ruled out as bizzar atmospheric phenomenon, hoax, or delusion.

Ives

Just look at his posts, with his statements full of perjorative terms such as "nutters" and "kooks"… I regard my interest in the topic as one in good faith, and don't particularly enjoy being labeled with perjorative terms…

I’m not one to correct syntax, but the word is ‘pejorative’ – a trial lawyer, as you claim to be, would know this word and would not make that common error. Trial lawyer, indeed.

Further, his suggestion of the use of "mental hospitals" shows a lack of understanding or awareness of the plight of the mentally ill, with whom I work.

So, what are you, a trial lawyer for the mentally ill? I think you’re not anything you claim to be.

I think what bothers me is the fact that I don't like being characterized as a "believer".

This is closer to the truth then anything else you’re feeding us. As well, ‘windbag’ and ‘blowhard’ come to mind.

So I'm not here as a defender of UFOLOGY as a whole. In fact, it is entirely possible that some day I may change my mind about the phemonenon.

Yet, you appear to have all the symptoms of a classic fanatical believer. You must be one complicated dude, Ives.

I've been around long enough to have discovered that life leads one to beliefs and attitudes one would not have considered at earlier times in life.

Most have the opposite effect – they discover that what they believed as youth was ridiculous to the point of embarrassment.

I have learned to have a certain degree of confidence in my ability to think.

Misplaced confidence, I fear.

I am anxious to engage in reasonable discussion on the subject. I regard my interest in the topic as one in good faith

To do that, you would have accepted criticism and refutation in good faith and would have answered direct questions as opposed to berating you’re opponents.

I think I have simply become comfortable enough on my other board to have outgrown the kind of interplay I've been having with Q.

I guess you weren’t expecting anything other then doe-eyed nods of agreement like from the other UFO boards you frequent.

Xevious

It is uncontrovertible that some kind of intelligently controled artificial craft was involved.

To state that it is incontrovertible means that it is impossible to deny or disprove. Since the incident remains unsolved, then it is quite possible to deny or disprove.

It is these kind of statements that give believers lack of credibility.

Now, WHO's craft it was, and if it was even manned or not is not a question I can answer.

That is correct, you cannot answer – and in fact, you cannot even state that it was a craft of any kind.

And by stating it was incontrovertibly a craft, you take the next ‘leap of faith’ by presuming it must be aliens.

What it does say is that the incident cannot be ruled out as bizzar atmospheric phenomenon, hoax, or delusion.

It most certainly can be ruled out. It is a major flaw in believers arguments to rule out that which is possible and most likely.

You know Q, I tried. I realized my error in baiting you and confessed to it. I also accepted responsibility for the tone of discussion between the two of us. I expected nothing in return from you, and asked for nothing. Yet you did have a choice in how to respond to me, and you could have chosen not to respond at all. You certainly have freedom to post anything you want, as Spookz reminded me.

Yet your choice was not only to continue to ridicule me, including a spelling error (I've made them before and I'll make them again. Was there a rule somewhere stating that all lawyers are good spellers?). Well, you got me on that one. Good job.

My hope was that perhaps you were simply having some fun at my expense and that our interaction would evolve into one enjoyable for both of us. But then you must go one further and attack my character, and claim I am not who I claim to be.

Well. . . I don't think I've given any basis for anyone to doubt my statements, but on the other hand, all I am here is words on a screen. For the record, yes Q, there are trial lawyers for mentally ill people. Was something making you doubt that the mentally ill are entitled to representation? I supposed there is no harm in disclosing what I do, although I choose not to use my full name online, since in fact I often work with dangerous offenders and keep as much of my personal information as private as possible.

I have been an attorney since 1987 and started out doing family law, which I despised. I eventually returned to work I had done as a third year student, which was public defense. In 1998 my father was fatally ill, and I requested a rather low stress assignment, doing what are known as in-custody arraignments in the municipal court. By coincidence, at that time there was a movement to create what are known as "mental health courts" as an alternative to simply jailing and releasing mentally ill defendants without addressing their affliction, which often contributes to their undesireable behavior. We had a new, activist judge, and the prosecutor assigned to that courtroom and I liked and trusted each other. While there was little money available, the court scraped enough to hire a mental health professional, and our mental health court (MHC) was born. The MHC is different because of two main ideas; 1) the principle of "therapeutic jurisprudence", which holds that the defendant's interest and public safety will both be served in the court attempts to address the underlying mental illness instead of jailing the client and releasing him or her untreated. The fact that the client's interest and the public's interest are both served enable the second idea at work, 2) the collaborative method. Criminal cases are inherently adversarial, but by setting a common goal of a client with a stable life, including medications, case management, housing if available, and therapy, suddenly the defense and prosecution have a common goal. I work in a relatively large city with a downtown core of homeless, psychotic folks. Often they are too disorganized in their thinking to rationally participate in proceedings, and sometimes the issue comes up as to whether they can be medicated against their well to regain their "competency". I encourage my clients to accept the medication, but if they choose not to, they have due process rights that must be enforced before they can be medicated against their will, and I have done hundreds of these hearings. So yes, the mentally ill do have litigators. Our MHC has grown over the years, and includes two MHC probation counselors, who must have advanced degrees in a social work or clinical psychology related field, a "court monitor" who functions as a researcher of the client's clinical and social history prior to disposition of the case, and who sets up preliminary "conditions of release" for the clients; there are also two defense attorneys, a prosecutor, a defense social worker, and a judge and staff that have special training. It is tremendously rewarding work, and I'm privileged to do it. Unlike regular courts, the court hearing itself is designed to be "therapeutic", and all the parties develop relationships with the clients over the two years that they participate in our program. We often have "review" hearings not to allege failures by our clients, but to celebrate their successes. I have been humbled many times by my clients. For all of us, any given day may present challenges that make getting out of bed difficult. My client's problems are far more dire than any I have faced; somehow they get out of bed each day and try to have a decent life while struggling with mental illness, poverty, isolation. We try to help with these things, but over time I have realized that it is the clients who deserve the credit for the success of the MHC; what we try to do is remove the barriers between the client and the most successful life they can achieve. Once those barriers are removed, it is up to the client. We do this by helping them sign up for benefits, treatment and housing. I could go on, but you get the idea. Many of my clients are in fact brilliant people; some of them have gone on to remarkable achievments, and I have been moved nearly to tears when they graduated from the program. On the other hand, my clients are what is known as an "at risk" population, and sometimes we lose them, and grieve for them. I truly believe that the measure of a civilization is how it treats its least fortunate. The safety net in this country is not nearly as luxurious as conservative opponents paint it to be. However, I am proud and honored to be a small part of an effort to bring justice and at least some dignity to a few of the very least fortunate.

Over time, by the way, I have noted that the UFO and alien issue rarely creeps into delusions or disordered belief systems. Most of the delusions I encounter run along either paranoid or spiritual lines. People get the idea that their thoughts are controlled by satelittes, or may think that people driving by can hear their thoughts on their car radios. Many clients, while unmedicated, believe they are spiritual beings, or are Jesus Christ himself. Often they respond to internal stimuli while talking to us, and look around as if seeing and hearing things the rest of us cannot. Recently, one woman thought there were dogs running through the courtroom - dogs with her children's faces.

Out of the thousands upon thousands of mentally ill folks I have met since 1998, only two presented with symptoms that included UFOs or aliens. One was a troubled young homeless man, probably experiencing his first psychotic break at about 21, who thought that UFOs might have had something to do with his problems, but wasn't sure. It was not a major component of his belief system or behavior. The other was an older gentleman who had "huffed" himself into extreme brain damage. Huffing is the inhaling of sustances like glue or spraypaint for the high it brings. You always know what someone has been up to when they are arrested with gold paint sprayed on their faces. Anyway, this particular client did hallucinate an "extraterrestrial". This is why I'm skeptical of claims that people who see UFOs are "deluded". I don't present my experience as a formal scientific study, but in terms of mental illness, I've about seen it all, and aliens and UFOs are simply not common manifestations of mental illness.

Having said that, I do believe that there is room for argument on the subject of belief systems. Empirically speaking, it might be more difficult to justify a belief in God any more than in UFOs. Arguably, there may be more direct evidence of UFOs than for God, but that would depend on one's definition of "evidence". Online, it is possible to encounter people who even I would describe as "believers", who seem to employ little critical thinking in their UFO belief system, and who appear to substitute a belief in UFOs for a belief in God. I'm certainly not qualified to speak authoratively on why this is; perhaps some have need to believe in some higher authority of some sort, and they are more comfortable with a belief in benign extraterrestrials. I also spent some time looking into abudction before largely dismissing it. Yes, I read the big green book on the MIT conference and all that. I've also read Mack's work. I've already posted here about abduction; I'm not calling them all liars. There is reason to believe in the subjective sincerity of some of the experiencers. I simply see no articulable basis to believe that what they are going through is in any way related to the UFO phenomenon, and I'm always suspicious when sexual themes start appearing in abudction accounts.

Well, I've rambled enough. Tell you what, Q. I'm willing to re-engage. You've accused me of not directly answering questions, which I've disputed. But - let's let bygones be bygones. Respond and post 5 or 10 - or any number of questions you wish, and I'll respond as best I can. And we'll go from there.

q

To state that it is incontrovertible means that it is impossible to deny or disprove. Since the incident remains unsolved, then it is quite possible to deny or disprove.

a ufo was observed thru several methods! that is uncontrovertible! what do you think is unsolved here? look at your logic thru this analogy. a murder takes place, the body is observed. case remains unsolved. your logic dictates that due to the lack of a solution one can deny the murder ever took place. feel free to deny/disprove but you know the label i am gonna slap on you. crackpot! nutter! loon!

It is these kind of statements that give skeptics their lousy reputation

That is correct, you cannot answer – and in fact, you cannot even state that it was a craft of any kind.

why the fuck not? the shit was visually sighted, caught on radar and descriptions were given that indicate a ufo

And by stating it was incontrovertibly a craft, you take the next ‘leap of faith’ by presuming it must be aliens.

leap of faith, my ass! after sighting a ufo, one speculates! why would i do that? cos i aint frikking brain dead!:D is it terrestrial? manned? by who/what? frogs? humans? aliens

It most certainly can be ruled out. It is a major flaw in believers arguments to rule out that which is possible and most likely.

over 90% of sighting can be explained to be local shit, the rest remain unidentified to varying degrees.

so ah q, wanna share the close encounter that traumatized you so? i promise it will be cathartic and a big load off yer shoulders! what say you?

:D

Last edited:
a murder takes place, the body is observed. case remains unsolved. your logic dictates that due to the lack of a solution one can deny the murder ever took place.

So, where is the body?

feel free to deny/disprove but you know the label i am gonna slap on you. crackpot! nutter! loon!

Your analogy is flawed – where is the body?

why the fuck not? the shit was visually sighted, caught on radar and descriptions were given that indicate a ufo

A UFO maybe, but a craft was not clearly identified.

after sighting a ufo, one speculates!

Yes, and by using a vivid imagination, one would speculate aliens.

over 90% of sighting can be explained to be local shit, the rest remain unidentified to varying degrees.

Do you actually read what you write? You just stated that over 90% can be explained terrestrially and the rest remain unidentified. How can you state that the rest not also be terrestrial? How does “unexplained” suddenly become non-terrestrial?

ah q, wanna share the close encounter that traumatized you so?

I’ve told this story before. My close encounter with an alien was while sitting on the banks of the Rio Grande – the alien asked me the way to freedom – I pointed my thumb over my shoulder and said, “Thataway!”

Whew! That was a load off.

So, where is the body?

i figured you would bring that up. stolen from the morgue/inexplicably vanished. autopsy reports, initial police reports, their eyewitness testimony all remain. whats the verdict in this situ? no body no murder ?

A UFO maybe, but a craft was not clearly identified.

oh cmon. when the object exibits the kind of motions it did, how can one not label it a craft? it was not merely fluttering around in the wind

Yes, and by using a vivid imagination, one would speculate aliens.

rubbish. by the process of elimination.... frogs hop and croak, we know the level of tech humans possess, if i assume it is manned, where would speculation lead me to? the possibilty of et at the wheel. note... this is not a conclusion but merely one of a few scenarios that appear plausible

Do you actually read what you write?

occasionally yet your failure to understand what is written is hardly any fault of mine. lemme simplify...

You just stated that over 90% can be explained terrestrially and the rest remain unidentified. How can you state that the rest not also be terrestrial? How does “unexplained” suddenly become non-terrestrial?

the unexplained does not default towards et. neither i did assert that it should be the case. if you disagree, show me where i said that it does.

when a description of a ufo cannot be matched up to an object or phenomena known to occur locally, what other alternative explanations are there? you think we do not have a pretty good idea about what goes down in our neighborhood? perhaps you are holding out for newly discovered weather phenom that would conveniently explain....It dived toward the ground ....Then it climbed back into radar range. i explore these. you do not. i find it amazing that anyone can willingly choose to shut their brain down simply because descriptions of unknown phenomena prove to be a challenge. leaving shit unexplained without trying out a few hypotheses seems retarted. the simplest explanation aint always the right one.

I’ve told this story before. My close encounter with an alien was while sitting on the banks of the Rio Grande – the alien asked me the way to freedom – I pointed my thumb over my shoulder and said, “Thataway!”

Whew! That was a load off.

shit dog! youse easy! classic avoidance and displacement. cmon q, was it a grey? we are all friends here yknow. let it out!

*umm..probability of life occuring offplanet? strong? weak? perhaps this is the problem. after all if it is only earth (thanks god) that is blessed with life, the question of ufos becomes pretty much moot ja?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back