Sing a song for Darfur?

Well, Sam, c'mon, tell us what you think "we" should do? It's your thread, it's your topic, and you seem to know a bit about it. What do you propose "we" do?

And please don't forget your basic ideal of international relations ....non-interference!

Baron Max

If I knew, I wouldn't ask. Seems to me it shouldn't be so difficult to help people, ya?

If I knew, I wouldn't ask. Seems to me it shouldn't be so difficult to help people, ya?

Well, we're trying to help the Iraqis and Afghanis right now, but that seems to be getting a lot of negative commentary ....even from you. So if we use our vast wealth to help Darfur, you'd be the very first to complain, wouldn't you?

Darfur is just one place, Sam, and not nearly as important as some others in the world. Look at India, Sam, with it's myriad of horrendous problems ...why are you worried about Darfur when your own backyard is such a fuckin' mess? Would you like the USA to come to India to help????

Baron Max

Well, we're trying to help the Iraqis and Afghanis right now, but that seems to be getting a lot of negative commentary ....even from you. So if we use our vast wealth to help Darfur, you'd be the very first to complain, wouldn't you?

Darfur is just one place, Sam, and not nearly as important as some others in the world. Look at India, Sam, with it's myriad of horrendous problems ...why are you worried about Darfur when your own backyard is such a fuckin' mess? Would you like the USA to come to India to help????

Baron Max

Perish the thought! *shudder*:eek:

I mean us people as opposed to governments.

I mean us people as opposed to governments.

Nothing ....we can do nothing, Sam, and you know it as well as I.

All this is just bullshit, just psycho-babble to make us feel good, to make others think that we really do care ....even when we don't. Take you, for example, ....you claim to care, yet you're here typing bullshit messages on an Internet website. Why ain't you down in Darhavi, that vast slum right in your own city of Mumbai, helping those people - your own countrymen?

Baron Max

Nothing ....we can do nothing, Sam, and you know it as well as I.

All this is just bullshit, just psycho-babble to make us feel good, to make others think that we really do care ....even when we don't. Take you, for example, ....you claim to care, yet you're here typing bullshit messages on an Internet website. Why ain't you down in Darhavi, that vast slum right in your own city of Mumbai, helping those people - your own countrymen?

Baron Max

How do you know I am not helping the people in Dharavi?

Back