Should the mentally ill be be allowed to be put on the death penalty?

Flores said:
You don't have to apologise for anything...I mostly do agree with you.....but as you know, mental health institutions unfortunately are much like very expensive hotels....if you don't give consent and a lot of money, you are not admitted or even given a prognosis...So I do have many questions in regards to these mental institutions:

- Why are they letting go a person that they have supposidly diagnosed as a crazy maniac?
- Are these mental institutions or hospitals liable?
- How can these institutions or hospitals go around labeling happy...with big words like bipolar, phisophrenia, ect....yet they let these same people go home?????
I too have those questions. Everything seems to have failed in this particular case. How in the hell they ever let him go in the first place is beyond me. Especially after he threatened his family. It's not just the legal system which must be questioned, but you're very right, the mental health system also needs to be questioned and they should be held liable for letting him back out in the first place after the threats he made in both 1990 and 1992. He should never have been released after he threatened his family members and he definitely should not have been allowed to own any firearms.

Everything about this case makes me sick to my stomach, from his parents failing to recognise that there was something severely wrong with him as a child to him ending up on death row in the manner that he did.

Back