Should Jewish State express regrets over

I quoted the genocidal verses already. There are at least 1,000,000 web pages where both words "genocide, Bible/Old Testament/..." are mentioned.

yes, and no where in there does it say the jews committed genocide. It says what god supposedly told them to do. Tearing down idols and making peopel flee is not genocide.

If this is not genocide what is?

"When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you may nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy." Deuteronomy 7:1-2, NIV.

"...do not leave alive anything that breaths. Completely destroy them...as the Lord your God has commanded you..." Deuteronomy 20:16, NIV. 1

Since Old Testament is an infallible word of God, those verses should be sufficient proof of genocide. Are sure God told nothing to Hitler? What if I will hear holly voices in my head tomorrow?

Deut 9:22-24

22 You also made the LORD angry at Taberah, at Massah and at Kibroth Hattaavah.

23 And when the LORD sent you out from Kadesh Barnea, he said, "Go up and take possession of the land I have given you." But you rebelled against the command of the LORD your God. You did not trust him or obey him. 24 You have been rebellious against the LORD ever since I have known you.

I'm reading that god gave commands,as a parent does, and the child didn't do it.

You want to say that infallible word of the Old Testament should not be sufficient as an evidence? Wow.

Of course. However, I do agree with you that the OT describes several incidents of genocide and infanticide in His name. They would be put in the awkward position of having to apologize for their God's actions. I think this should be extended to all Abrahamic religions, they have much to apologize for. Maybe they already have, I think the Pope may have issued several apologies already. The Galileo incident comes to mind.

Last edited:
Amalek

As the Jewish Encyclopedia put it, "David waged a sacred war of extermination against the Amalekites," who may have subsequently disappeared from history. Long after, in the time of Hezekiah, five hundred Simeonites annihilated the last remnant "of the Amalekites that had escaped" on Mount Seir, and settled in their place (1 Chr. 4:42-43).

Who will they express their regrets to, if they wiped them all out?

Back