Should I stay in the closet?

Xerxes said:
They are allowing me to stay at home rent-free doing this in the unspoken confidence that I will grow up to raise a Jewish family.

Things may change for you in the future. I would worry about this not at all.

It depends on how your parents view non believers. Sureley they must have some friends who aren't jewish?

anyway if you do get thrown out of your house you are always welcome in the atheist republic

Pi-Sudoku said:
It depends on how your parents view non believers. Sureley they must have some friends who aren't jewish?

anyway if you do get thrown out of your house you are always welcome in the atheist republic

1. Nope, well maybe a fishing buddy.
2. Sounds exciting! Really looking forward to the day when I can live as a pagan.

android,
I have absolutely no interest in Judaism and am never going back.

alexb123,
It really depends on the parents. Some are very tolerant. Others.. like my own, aren't.
This way you could test the water with their reaction. It may lead to them trying to force more religion on you, so you would have to be firm.
Exactly!!! They will try and send me for 're-education' with the Rabbi. Not going to happen...

charles cure,
is it more important to you that you continue to reap the benefits of living rent-free with your parents...etc, or is it simply too much for you to continue on as if you believe, because you feel like you are living some type of lie?
Yes..I think it's worth it. But it's like trying to decide whether the water is deep enough to dive into. Am I prepared for the consequences?

Varda,
Ha! You don't know my parents!! But my grandmother is extremely tolerant. I think she is a closet heretic top.

Telling them I am 'questioning' utter bullcrap is not lying, but it's not exactly the truth either.. Really, I'm waaaaay past the questioning phase, I tried and failed at being a Jew.

duendy,
Twenty isn't so young anymore..

TheVisitor,
I'd rather have sex with a horse.

Hapsburg,
They aren't much of a family, true. But you have only one. Nothing I can do to change them.

Godless,
This is the best plan I've heard. Breaking it slowly isn't telling them, but it's softening their eventual reaction.

Last edited:
Hey! thanks I'm only telling you, from experience. It worked out well for me, though I had an advantage, my dad was already an atheist, though my mom a devout catholic at the time, today, she's mostly deist. The rest of my family, since I'm latin they are all catholics, since my dad died, i'm the only atheist in my family. :(

Godless

Back