should I preach atheism?

I think Atheism a religion, they fellowship together, base their eternal destiny on it, must have faith that there is no God (or else they would be agnostics), produce literature trying to support their position, and point out the supposed flaws in the other religions.
:rolleyes:
Whether you think atheism a religion or not really doesn't change the fact that it isn't.
And please, please, PLEASE learn the distinction between atheism and agnosticism. Until you do you will continue to be lambasted for your naive, predictable and bordering-on-irrelevant notions.

Just because religion has denominations does not mean that everything that has a denomination is a religion.

As I said - and others before me - and undoubtedly others after me - GET AN EDUCATION!

I think Atheism a religion, they fellowship together, base their eternal destiny on it, must have faith that there is no God (or else they would be agnostics), produce literature trying to support their position, and point out the supposed flaws in the other religions.
seriously Ice, you really need to figure out what you are talking about.

hey fellowship together
not really, few atheists meet with other atheists. also, if you base that on the fact the we talk here on sciforums, then you could say that liking cats is a religion.

base their eternal destiny on it
what eternal destiny?

must have faith that there is no God (or else they would be agnostics)
as said before, learn what it means to be an atheist. I do not believe there is a god, though its not impossible, I have the same faith that there is no easter bunny, does that mean a-bunny-ists form a religion? what about people who have never heard of the easter bunny? they would still be in that religion according to your logic.

produce literature trying to support their position
not a requirement of being an atheist. also, no atheists take that literature as absolute truth. additionally, few atheists actually produce any literature.

and point out the supposed flaws in the other religions.
again, not a requirement of being an athiest. by this logic, people who criticize anything would be part of a religion... I guess that would make me an A-Icagecivilization-ist.

p.s. I was going to complain that you are not helping me figure out what I could say about atheism, but you did =]. I will be sure to clear up those misconceptions about atheism for the students, if I speak to them.

Back