Should Freedom of Religion include Freedom from Religion?

Because the intentions of the Holy See, the Spanish Inquisition, and the English witchhuntings are your preferred alliance?

Care to elaborate?

Why else would anyone need reasons not to believe in Jan's God?

You disassociate yourself from God, by ascribing God to ''Jan's God''.
This is denial, and rejection.

It's not about believing in anyone's comprehension of God. It is about accepting God, or not.
That's what leads to theism, or atheism.

jan.,

Last edited:
///
Why is it so difficult for you to accept that there are people who cannot believe your fantasy?

<>

Why would you say that? An atheist is a person who does not believe in God. Have I not stated that over, and over?

I noticed you disassociated yourself from God, by terming God as ''your fantasy''.
Why can't you use the term ''God'', with an upper case g, so I know what you're referring to?

jan.

Why would you say that? An atheist is a person who does not believe in God. Have I not stated that over, and over?

I noticed you disassociated yourself from God, by terming God as ''your fantasy''.
Why can't you use the term ''God'', with an upper case g, so I know what you're referring to?

jan.
///
Because it is fantasy. Until some god comes out of its cave & shows itself, it is fantasy.
Why can you not use the term god seeing as it is much more fitting to fantasy.

Why does it bother you that some people cannot believe your fantasy?

<>

///
You do not understand critical thinking. I cannot claim you abandoned it for I strongly suspect you never practiced it.

Nearly everyone in this subforum demonstrates critical thinking.

Yet your problem is an inability to accept that some people cannot believe your fantasy.

<>
It's more that you abandon it after a brief display. You establish some sort of topic for discussion and then very quickly become a mouthpiece for reciting generic atheistic rhetoric. It becomes difficult to distinguish your contributions from one thread and another.

It is like you quickly lose focus on not only the topic, but even who you are conversing with, so that others merely become blank canvases for you to project a kaleidoscope of ghosts to supposedly argue with.

Because any belief system requires constant reinforcement and obedience to garner approval.
And when the belief system is exclusive of all other belief systems it becomes prejudicial and very problematic.
///
And once someone believes without good evidence, nothing they say can be trusted. Once they have faith, they will do, say & even think any thing in order to pretend to support their fantasy.

They still need to face up to the issue of being so bothered by people not accepting their word for it.

<>

It's more that you abandon it after a brief display. You establish some sort of topic for discussion and then very quickly become a mouthpiece for reciting generic atheistic rhetoric. It becomes difficult to distinguish your contributions from one thread and another.

It is like you quickly lose focus on not only the topic, but even who you are conversing with, so that others merely become blank canvases for you to project a kaleidoscope of ghosts to supposedly argue with.
///
Go on & on & on fooling yourself. You are not fooling us.

<>

I don't have a philosophy, social movement, etc. regarding olives and I don't have one regarding God. Maybe some people who don't eat olives are so organized, most aren't.
Well that definitely makes atheism unique. Throughout history, thesis is met with antithesis to produce synthesis, yet by some strange magic, you argue that the (dominant) philosophy, culture, etc of theism is met by atheism, yet it brings with it no intrinsic philosophy, culture etc.

Because any belief system requires constant reinforcement and obedience to garner approval

I believe in gravity

Haven't noticed any

"We must believe in gravity or we will float off into space"

groups forming to reinforce my, along with a few others, belief

:)

Most don't.
Some do.
Some just call themselves Taoists or the like, some are called by others Animists or the like - they belong to different groups than the "literature" ones.
On account of their broadness, the notion of labelling animists and taoists as atheist is a novel one.

Given your habitual retreat from any sort of critical analysis of content you post, one could ask you the same question.
///
You cannot answer simple questions yet you persist in trying to promote your fantasy.

Your I am rubber & you are glue tactic does not work.

<>

Last edited:
///
Bullshit. You make a claim & are disturbed that you are not believed.

Why do you think we should believe you?

<>
Can you reference where I make this demand in the same way that I can reference where you break down into ad homs etc in face of a critique?

Or is this yet another Strangerism that we can chalk up to his atheist treadmill rhetoric?

Can you reference where I make this demand in the same way that I can reference where you break down into ad homs etc in face of a critique?

Or is this yet another Strangerism that we can chalk up to his atheist treadmill rhetoric?
///
Again, you obviously do not understand ad hominem.

Why do you think you can make a claim & everyone should simply take your word for it?

<>

Last edited:
///
Why do you think you can make a claim & everyone should simply take your word for it?

<>
Feel free to reference my claim and perhaps we could discuss it ... good luck finding it amongst the kaleidoscope of inner demons you seem hell bent on arguing with

Feel free to reference my claim and perhaps we could discuss it .< good luck finding it amongst the kaleidoscope of inner demons you seem hell bent on arguing with
///
You claim there is a god & strongly imply it is omnipotent. You know this.
If you changed your mind, say so.

The demons are in your dreamworld.

<>

Back