Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No, its stupid to have a category for NOT believing in something

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got better things to think about

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • My opinion, which is better than yours, is given in a post below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That certainly fits the evidence. Everytime they form a group, hold television conferences, write books against God, take out public ads, sue against the word God in some public place, they get more recognition.

In India, you barely know they exist.

Sometimes you find them in west bengal (historically seems to be the birth ground/melting pot of all indian politics)

But yeah, it seems it is difficult to find a person in India who feels (in a fully fledged sense) they can live without the mercy of god

Sometimes you find them in west bengal (historically seems to be the birth ground/melting pot of all indian politics)

That would explain the communism and bankruptcy, not to mention the exodus of brains
But yeah, it seems it is difficult to find a person in India who feels (in a fully fledged sense) they can live without the mercy of god

True. I have a friend who claims she has no God, but prays frequently. MUCH more than me.:p

Agreed, except for the fact that atheists don't have a core belief.
Do you agree that swearing on the bible or kneeling before God would be a hypocritical thing for an atheist to do ?

Core belief that there is no god, that is a commitment to an idea.

I can see where someone who is slavishly committed to an idea might see that as being hypocritical; however, it has no more consequence than participating in any other traditional ceremony. The point of commitment is in your true convictions regarding your actions, and the intent behind them.

That would explain the communism and bankruptcy, not to mention the exodus of brains
hehe

True. I have a friend who claims she has no God, but prays frequently. MUCH more than me.:p
I recall one newstory in WB where an atheist public speaker was killed by a person who angrily drove a truck into his rally (I think the follow up indicated vested financial interests of the perpetrator). The speakers last words were something like "Oi Bhagavan!"

Core belief that there is no god, that is a commitment to an idea.

I can see where someone who is slavishly committed to an idea might see that as being hypocritical; however, it has no more consequence than participating in any other traditional ceremony. The point of commitment is in your true convictions regarding your actions, and the intent behind them.

Nonsense. Atheists do not commit to an idea, theists do.

I disagree. Atheism has no requirements. It's purely dependent on the individual and their commitment to the idea.

You are getting this backwards. Theists are the ones that commit to an idea with all the requirements that come with it.

Back