Sharia Law in the West?

I would be more concerned, were I you, about things unknown. That is, the real questions you face are deep questions of psyche and behavior, not cheap stereotypes.

Still, the emergence of these sentiments at this time, in American society, is unsurprising. That is to say, Bowser, you're going to find yourself amid a weird small movement that will largely be composed of people who used to fear Sharia law in the United States as something that somehow had greater chance of taking over America than Christianist theocracy but, now, finding themselves empowered, need to impose their own religious supremacism on society. Beware of these; you'll find them all over the marketplace that murmurs and buzzes about the political prospects of Shari'ah in the United States, and they have very little to say that can be counted among what is honest.

Don't the Mormons break many laws?

And don't many authorities look away?

How has that turned out?

:)

I would be more concerned, were I you, about things unknown. That is, the real questions you face are deep questions of psyche and behavior, not cheap stereotypes.
I'm submersed in a culturally diverse group nearly every day. Those Muslims whom I see are probably the liter side of the following--they wear the garb and take the time to prayer, but I see no animosity in them. Ignorance of the whole scope of Sharia is mine, but I also believe our laws place limits on the extent in which it can be practiced. Again, should a person be willing to live within the limits of their religious following, they should be allowed to do so.

Mormons aren't polygamist comrade...yes really. ;). Mormons gave up polygamy more than a century ago. It's how Utah became a state. Polygamy and sexual abuse, will get you expelled from the Mormon Church.

Warren Jeff and his band of polygamists aren't Mormons. ;)

And yet

http://www.thedailybeast.com/sheriff-covered-up-mormon-child-marriage

Look I understand

The Catholic religion is against peadophiles and yet....

With ALL groups it is better to judge by actions (or non actions)

:)

Last edited:
Mormons aren't polygamist comrade...yes really. ;). Mormons gave up polygamy more than a century ago. It's how Utah became a state. Polygamy and sexual abuse, will get you expelled from the Mormon Church.
Quite a few Mormons who do not accept the modern interpretations of the religion have quietly moved out into the boondocks of Utah and Arizona. These people still practice polygamy. They do not attend Mormon religious services, and even if they tried, they would not be admitted.

About 20 years ago, the U.S. government discovered an enclave of this sect, all the way down in Texas, near Waco. They sent a small army to accept their surrender, but instead, what happened is that the incredibly well-armed pseudo-Mormons started shooting at the government agents. The result was a bloodbath. Few of the federal agents were seriously injured (probably because they had the good sense to wear body armor), but the majority of the male elders of the sect were cut down, and, unfortunately, it was impossible to achieve this without killing a few of the women, who were really nothing more than slaves.

Quite a few Mormons who do not accept the modern interpretations of the religion have quietly moved out into the boondocks of Utah and Arizona. These people still practice polygamy. They do not attend Mormon religious services, and even if they tried, they would not be admitted.

About 20 years ago, the U.S. government discovered an enclave of this sect, all the way down in Texas, near Waco. They sent a small army to accept their surrender, but instead, what happened is that the incredibly well-armed pseudo-Mormons started shooting at the government agents. The result was a bloodbath. Few of the federal agents were seriously injured (probably because they had the good sense to wear body armor), but the majority of the male elders of the sect were cut down, and, unfortunately, it was impossible to achieve this without killing a few of the women, who were really nothing more than slaves.
Those "Mormons" aren't Mormon. While there are cults which practice polygamy, they aren't Mormon.

Simply put - there can and shall be no law of religion in the United States. That is enshrined in the Constitution, period.

it's why Trump's "Muslim Travel Ban" is illegal, why it was struck down, and why he was so eager to get it to the Supreme Court, where his conservative asshole buddies would be willing to reinstate (in this case, part of) it, even though it is unconstitutional.

Back