Shafted By Evolution?

It doesn't matter though. Genetic engineering will lead to the creation of custom bodies. The entire animal kingdom will be our palette.

Canids have to eat the crap of other animals.

~String

both are evolutionary coded to doso but for different reasons canids eat other animals poop to remove as a way of marking territory and establishing dominece over comperitors and for some other reasons I think. rabbits how ever have one part of the digestive process way down on the end of the line. IF memory serves me right its the part that transforms food into the most effective way to get into the blood stream so rabbits eat their poop because well most of the nutrients are still in it after the first go.

Cleaning is part of the reason for coprophagia in canids. The other part is to replenish the bacteria in their guts. Higher acid content and stronger enzymes cause their stomach to be more hostile to probiotics than in ours, so the germs don't last long and need to be replenished by dining on poopie.

IF memory serves me right its the part that transforms food into the most effective way to get into the blood stream so rabbits eat their poop because well most of the nutrients are still in it after the first go.

Plant nutrients are definitely harder to get too. Cows puke up their food, re-chew it and swallow again (ruminating). Seems logical that bunnies could just take a longer route.

~String

Does anyone else think we have been given the shaft by evolution? Speaking physically. I mean look at all the other primates, Silver Backs, Baboons, and other such species; humans are meek and feeble in comparison. We're like the naked mole rats of the ape world and really, our only saving grace is our intellect. :shrug:

:m:

Are you kidding me? Don't you watch any nature shows? Most Animals live terrible lives, especially the larger ones who sometimes go months without eating. The human mind is natures greatest creation. Plus, humans are well on our way of being virtually indestructible. Tell me wouldn't this be a cool body to call your own?

primoposthuman.jpg

We are hardly weak when we caused the extinction of many large animal species, and are currently working on plenty of the rest. Because of us, the tiger is almost gone! And that's one of the most powerful land animals that exist.

That is weak!. Bad example.

Why? Also the gorrilla, ostensibly more powerful, is going extinct by our hand. I guess what I'm saying is that intelligence is real power, even if it depends on tools that might not always be at hand.

Why? Also the gorrilla, ostensibly more powerful, is going extinct by our hand. I guess what I'm saying is that intelligence is real power, even if it depends on tools that might not always be at hand.

Sorry, but if you equate destroying the environment with intelligence or power there is something wrong with you.

No, we don't win :facepalm:

I see what you Mean, based on an extinction, but we as man are in a unique Position, we can do all of this while preserving species, very easily I can't see chickens or cows going extinct any-time soon.

I see what you Mean, based on an extinction, but we as man are in a unique Position, we can do all of this while preserving species, very easily I can't see chickens or cows going extinct any-time soon.

This is what I originally replied to:
We are hardly weak when we caused the extinction of many large animal species, and are currently working on plenty of the rest. Because of us, the tiger is almost gone! And that's one of the most powerful land animals that exist.

Does anyone else think we have been given the shaft by evolution? Speaking physically. I mean look at all the other primates, Silver Backs, Baboons, and other such species; humans are meek and feeble in comparison. We're like the naked mole rats of the ape world and really, our only saving grace is our intellect. :shrug:

:m:

Yea, but it's that intellect that made us 'meek and feeble'.

Back