Scientology is a Fraud - Officially

I think Scientology is crap, but all religions are crap to those who don't believe in them.

Is there anyone who thinks that *all* religions are not making money off their parishioners? Do we imagine they burn the money people put into collection plates?
While I tend to agree with this, the level of overt greediness that seems to be displayed by scientologists is, in my opinion, in a class by itself. They're the only "religion" I know of that actually charges people a fee to learn their religious teachings. If you can't pay, you're out of luck. Christians etc. certainly try to get donations from people, but it's not like they're selling tickets at the door to their services and turning away people who can't pay.

Sci-ence is anything that relates to 'sci-te', an alternative spelling of 'site'. This is WHERE something 'exists'.Ci-ty is an abbreviation of 'citadel', or deli-cious. Taste. Sci-ence then, or scientology, relates to the senses. Sight, sound (produced by most touch), smell, taste, and touch...

Originally Posted by sniffy

And there are definately charlatans out there who love to part the needy, unwell and naive from their cash.......quacks and false prophets.....

isn't that called capitalism?

:D i must agree with you sam on this one.

One of the main objectives of a capitalist is to pay for a good or service under it's true value from a supplier (the difference is the theft) and sell the good or outcome of the service to a buyer at a price that is a high as possible over it's true value (the difference is the theft) The greater the percentage of the theft from the supplier and the buyer the more successful the person is as a capitalist.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

It's a shitty situation when people get scammed because they are desperate or just can't see reason, but you really can't tell people what to believe. I don't think people should be conned, but really, what can you do? Many people truly believe that faith healers work. Many people think that giving all their money to the church will cure them.

Yes i agree it is a shitty situation. Sad thing is if these people who get scammed actually read the bible (and lets face the fact the vast majority of people who get scammed this way don't) they would see that the gift of healing was Never paid for in the bible. There was a guy in scripture that offered money to obtain one of these gifts and this is what happened.

Acts 8
17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! 21 You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

Those who have true gifts never bought them with money and no one with true gifts will ever seek to make money out of them. They are a free gift given by God through them.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Sci-ence is anything that relates to 'sci-te', an alternative spelling of 'site'. This is WHERE something 'exists'.Ci-ty is an abbreviation of 'citadel', or deli-cious. Taste. Sci-ence then, or scientology, relates to the senses. Sight, sound (produced by most touch), smell, taste, and touch...
Total bullshit. The word "Science" comes from the latin verb "sciens," which means "to know." Your other word explanations (city, delicious) are equally wrong.

hahah... did you just make this up off the cuff? I truly hope you were not taught this at school!

Science comes from the Latin word scientia which generally means "knowledge".

City, if I remember correctly, comes from citizens which lived in city-states ie: Rome.

I have no idea where the word "Scientology" comes from but I'd venture to say it's based on the word Science and therefor again knowledge. Which is exactly what you'd want to base a religion on in the 1950s as Science was so highly respected in that age (and still is to a high degree). It's propaganda of a sorts. Like Islam meaning peace - after the Persian wars of course.

OHHH...so scientology is a fraud??
Thank god christianity is not :0

How do i know its not a fraud?
The logic of a christian:
"The bible says there is a God...It HAS to be real...i mean its ALL OVER the bible-ALL OVER-AND U STILL DONT BELIEVE???Sheesh.."

Last edited:
I would quibble with this notion that a French courts decision about a branch of a church - or anything for that matter - makes a a judgment official. It is official within whatever legal realms it is official, in France that is. But outside that and certian to non-french people it is hardly official. I mean I am no fan of scientology - though some aspects I think are OK - and distrust the organization, I do not consider French courts the writers of scripture either.

And there are definately charlatans out there who love to part the needy, unwell and naive from their cash.......quacks and false prophets.....
Like advertisers and neo-cons channeling tax funds to companies like Haliburton....

Back