Scientology:church or criminal gang?

You mean just like the any other Church does HHHMMM
The catholic church certainly tries to raise money, but to me they don't seem as overtly greedy as the scientologists. If they were selling tickets to their services and charging $1000/session to hear confessions, then I would probably agree that they were the same.

The catholic church certainly tries to raise money, but to me they don't seem as overtly greedy as the scientologists. If they were selling tickets to their services and charging $1000/session to hear confessions, then I would probably agree that they were the same.

No instead they demand a precent of income. And if the Catholic church is not a money maker why is the Vatican listed as one of he Richest countries in the World and yes I said Countries as it has it own laws seperate from Italy and Rome.

You mean kinda like the Book of Mormon kinda like that?

I didn't know any of the history of that thing before, but having just looked it up a little now I agree yes, that seems pretty dodgy too. Not that being written further back in history gives something more credibility, but at least it means that perhaps religions based on older texts have had time to evolve to the point where they are a positive influence on peoples lives, hopefully at least a little more than simply the population control or rant of a nutcase they started out as. I guess 170 years for the Book of Mormon may be long enough for that, at least it is a little better than 50 years. I know very little about the Mormons though.

No instead they demand a precent of income.
They certainly ask for it, but they don't "demand". You are still free to attend service etc. if you pay nothing. Most churches handle the donations anonymously anyway, so it's not like they even know who is paying and who isn't.
And if the Catholic church is not a money maker why is the Vatican listed as one of he Richest countries in the World and yes I said Countries as it has it own laws seperate from Italy and Rome.
I never said the Catholic church isn't a money-maker, I simply said they don't seem as overtly greedy as the scientologists. Just because both try to make money doesn't mean that one isn't a lot greedier than the other. Personally, is seems to me that collecting anonymous donations is less greedy than explicitly selling your services to people.

Also, the wealth of the Vatican is around $10-$15 billion dollars, which is nothing compared to the wealth of most countries. They wouldn't even be on a list of the top 100 richest countries. Hell, it wouldn't even make it onto the list of the top 50 richest cities.

Back