Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. Theism isn't about accept others claims, it is about accepting God.
Atheism is either disbelief, a lack of belief, or a combination of both, in God. Not claims about God.

If you come to the point, where your acceptance is based on being convinced by the claims of another. You disbelieve.
You ignore the natural connection that human beings can make, to God. You deny, and reject it, then pretend that theists must prove God exists, in order for you to accept.

Now you know you can string this out, as long as you want, giving the impression that you have no idea of God, because no one has proven it.

Jan.
///
I do not believe you.

<>

Just catching up on some missed reading

I thought Pythagorasians worshipped meat pies made from dinosaurs?

:)

You ignore the natural connection that human beings can make, to God.
People who claim to have a natural connection to God routinely post falsehoods about other people, and bear false witness to the beliefs of others, and misrepresent aspects of physical reality, and argue in bad faith on science forums, and so forth.

The OP of this thread is fairly typical, in that regard.

People who claim to have a natural connection to God routinely post falsehoods about other people, and bear false witness to the beliefs of others, and misrepresent aspects of physical reality, and argue in bad faith on science forums, and so forth.

The OP of this thread is fairly typical, in that regard.

What's false about the OP, in your eyes, again?

www.science20.com/writer_on_the_edge/blog/scientists_discover_that_atheists_might_not_exist_and_thats_not_a_joke-139982
Interesting article. What are your thoughts?.

Jan.

///
WHY believe it?

Why would jump straight to "I do not believe you", when I didn't ask if you believed me, plus, what I wrote, wasn't something that required belief, as justification.
I think you're reaction was a knee-jerk reaction, because you felt you had to respond, but didn't know quite what to say.

jan.

Last edited:
What's false about the OP, in your eyes, again?

www.science20.com/writer_on_the_edge/blog/scientists_discover_that_atheists_might_not_exist_and_thats_not_a_joke-139982
Interesting article. What are your thoughts?.

Jan.
I can just as well claim (assert)that you are not a Theist and that "theists might not exist", because what you believe to be God is in reality the Mathematical Imperatives by which the universe was created and is still evolving.
Simple and straight forward and clearly obvious and testable.....:)

I feel very connected to the universal functions, but it is in a mathematical sense, nothing spiritual about it. I am a construct of and by Universal values and functions.
I was a professional accountant, a professional musician, and have an associate degree in architectural and mechanical drafting, all intimately connected to Mathematics.

Do you see....? You are surrounded by mathematics, both in space and everywhere you look.
If you do not feel connected to that you are misinterpreting your spiritual emotions of your natural connections to mathematical values and functions.

Last edited:
I can just as well claim you are not a Theist and that "theists might not exist", because what you believe to be God is in reality the Mathematical Imperatives by which the universe was created and is still evolving.

The problem is, you have to deny God, to do that.

Simple and straight forward and clearly obvious and testable.....:)

If that was the case, the ''mystery'', would no longer be.
Yet we don't see scientists claiming the mystery to be solved.

I was a professional accountant, a professional musician, and have an associate degree in architectural and mechanical drafting, all intimately connected to Mathematics.
Do you see....? You are surrounded by mathematics, both in space and everywhere you look.

Yeah, I see.
So what?

jan.

Yeah, I see.
So what?
You see a mathematical universe, but you don't believe in a mathematical universe, yet you quote an assertion that actually I believe in a unseen and unknowable deity named God and then dare to defend it?
I call that odd, if not a little sociopathic, if not outright dangerous.
Suppose your God tells you to kill me? Mathematics never has and never will tell me to kill you.

Last edited:
You see a mathematical universe, but you don't believe in a mathematical universe, yet you quote an assertion that actually I believe in a unseen and unknowable deity named God and then dare to defend it?
I call that odd, if not a little sociopathic, if not outright dangerous.
Suppose your God tells you to kill me? Mathematics never has and never will tell me to kill you.

As far as you're aware, there is no God.
That is as far as you can go. So now you're simply venting your frustration, because you cannot actually express why you identify as atheist.
I think you've reached the end of any expression that could be called, reasonable, rational, or logical.

jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back