Science Vs. Religion

i look forward to the paradym (sp?) shift when we die. i was born and raised a holy roller, church 3 times a week, preacher's daughter (that means i can hold my beer and i'm good in bed),

i think that man will be sooooo far off the mark about who and how and what god is that i can't even begin to guess. i pray in the name of jesus (my brainwashing) but i keep all theories open, even can handle the idea that the world, in fact, is round and that it rotates around the sun...

i liken it to the paradym shift we would have here on earth if human hair didn't regrow. my theory is that if once our hair was a certain length and it stopped growing then we would probably be relegated to one or two haircuts in our life. those haircuts would be so expensive that we would create huge rituals around them (kindof like barmitzvas). maybe even a haircutting religion would develop. cults in robes who sell ponytails at airports :) as opposed to the current hair religions involving mall bangs and dredlocks with rings and other important shit hanging in them...

i digress, what was the topic? (sorry, i can't afford spell check)

the bible does not always support religion. just try comparing catholicm with the king james version. not even close to what the bible says.
So much ranting so little substance, please do share, HOW NOT EVEN CLOSE IS IT?! enlighten all of us close minded people. It will be fun. By the way, the bible does NOT support science at all. Give some good examples, perhaps cut and paste a post of Mike's or two, Cause I highly doubt you could come up with anything on your own.

I won't even begin on your last post. :confused: :confused:

I too can't wait for a
paradym (sp?) shift when we die.
:D

ps. You tell me I'm close minded, but yet you give me NOTHING to be open minded about...

Science: Theories must change to match realities.
Religion: Realities must change to match theories.

Seriously

I'm not sure if I understand the author's thread. Do you really think Science and Religion should get married??????? Do you also think democracy and communism are the same?

Originally posted by daktaklakpak
Science: Theories must change to match realities.
Religion: Realities must change to match theories.

I believe the author of this thread should read the above over 10 times.

Truely well said daktaklakpak.

Originally posted by Joeman
I don't know what you mean by cancel out?

One religion I find interesting is Buhddism because it totally stays out of science's way.

Most of the religion is more like a philosophy and most of their philosophy don't contradict my common sense.

I don't know too much about that religion really but the "religious" part pretty much says the world is not real. We should try to "let go". That is why they passivists.

Their attitude is "we are not trying to make you believe us. You are welcomed to join us or we leave each other alone".

Buhddists don't think their religion is superior or the only way and they do recognize other religions as "legit" believe it or not.

Wow, I didn't know others realize this. Buddhism originally is not a religion, it's philosophy. It just picked up some religious characteristics over time. It also has many sects like sub fields in science.

Back