Science explains the existence of God.

Greatest I am

Valued Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSe4Ff57n4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBLjVqrrjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDbesQQi9yc

Without a personal apotheosis, all who claim that God is real without any personal knowledge --- without a clear logic trail --- are just lying to themselves as well as others.

All who claim a God are also idol worshipping. They have just pasted their bible pages onto a golden calf. They think they have hidden the calf’s shape but it is still discernible under the manmade WORD of God. To have a Godinabook is to idol worship.

Most that follow a religion do not really follow it. They only follow tradition and cultures based on old tribal ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Are you an idol worshipper or do you fall under the first link’s definition?

If not, give the logic trail to your God.

Regards
DL

P. S. Most will see this O P as an attack on those who believe. If you do, then you should know that I am not an atheist but call myself a Gnostic Christian and do believe in a Godhead. It is just not supernatural and is not immoral the way the bible God is portrayed to be.

How do you mean "Explains the existence of God?" Do you mean that science proves it? Your clunky wording isn't helping anything.

My take is this: That we know where religion comes from suggests that the very idea of godhood itself is as fabricated as the various gods purported to lording over us. In other words, it may not be possible for a god to exist, and I think what we know of the origins of religion are enough to say with some assurance that the concept of "God" as we know it is a product of our imagination.

How do you mean "Explains the existence of God?" Do you mean that science proves it? Your clunky wording isn't helping anything.

My take is this: That we know where religion comes from suggests that the very idea of godhood itself is as fabricated as the various gods purported to lording over us. In other words, it may not be possible for a god to exist, and I think what we know of the origins of religion are enough to say with some assurance that the concept of "God" as we know it is a product of our imagination.

Exactly what that first clip shows through psychology.
We are on the same page. Except for my belief in a Godhead or a cosmic consciousness. I have no proof to show though and do not push for belief. That is why I prefer to thrash out morals. Those discussions can bear fruit. Discussions on belief in God do not go anywhere.

Regards
DL

I hadn't been informed that there was proof of god's existence. Until then I reserve the right to maintain the default position on all things, all concepts, all possibilities until proof is given: not real.

~String

Exactly what that first clip shows through psychology.
We are on the same page. Except for my belief in a Godhead or a cosmic consciousness. I have no proof to show though and do not push for belief. That is why I prefer to thrash out morals. Those discussions can bear fruit. Discussions on belief in God do not go anywhere.

Regards
DL

If you don't mind me asking, where does your belief in a godhead come from?

If you don't mind me asking, where does your belief in a godhead come from?

Personal apotheosis. The dictionary definition aside, I liken it to just finding Jacob's ladder.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

Have you ever considered that religion is the natural outcome of belief in God?

They are synonymous and go hand in hand IMO but belief without apotheosis is delusion.
All religions have a God figure but not all spiritual people have a God or religion.
Those in religions are idol worshipers whereas those of spirituality are not.

Regards
DL

I don't think so. I don't think that science has even explained belief in the existence of God, which is something rather different, though some scientists have proposed some hypotheses in that regard.

Without a personal apotheosis, all who claim that God is real without any personal knowledge --- without a clear logic trail --- are just lying to themselves as well as others.

Why do you use the perjorative word "lying"? I don't like that.

(You're displaying what I perceive as unnecessary attitude.)

All who claim a God are also idol worshipping.

That's a strong condemnation as well.

At least in the Biblical/Quranic context. Hindus probably would just shrug. I don't really understand what's wrong with religious believers representing their deities in symbolic forms, as long as they remain aware that the deity is supposed to transcend the form. The whole theistic tendency to imagine God as a "person" is exactly that, so it isn't as if the Jews, Christians and Muslims aren't doing it too.

They have just pasted their bible pages onto a golden calf. They think they have hidden the calf’s shape but it is still discernible under the manmade WORD of God. To have a Godinabook is to idol worship.

An atheist is likely to say that to believe in any kind of "Godhead" at all is to idol worship. Are the atheists wrong?

Most that follow a religion do not really follow it. They only follow tradition and cultures based on old tribal ways.

The first sentence sounds like a condemnation of religious hypocrisy, or perhaps of religious people living secular lives. The second sentence looks like a general condemnation of "tradition and cultures". But what's wrong with tradition and cultures? What would be left of religion (or science for that matter) without them? We all learn from those who came before us.

Are you an idol worshipper or do you fall under the first link’s definition?

If not, give the logic trail to your God.

I don't believe in "God" (or in a "Godhead").

Who are you addressing in this thread? You're obviously condemning something, but I'm not entirely clear on what it is. I'm guessing that your target is whatever you perceive as conventional Christian belief.

P. S. Most will see this O P as an attack on those who believe. If you do, then you should know that I am not an atheist but call myself a Gnostic Christian and do believe in a Godhead. It is just not supernatural and is not immoral the way the bible God is portrayed to be.

So how do you avoid your own condemnations from up above? "All who claim a God are also idol worshipping." You seem to be boxing yourself into a very tight space.

And what's up with you saying that your "Godhead" isn't "supernatural"?

Back