Science and Religion

The Universe is fine-tuned for matter. I think most physicists would agree on this. If someone says that it isn't, it's probably because they have difficulty with the theological implications of such a statement. Others invoke the Multiverse. This theory provides an alternative to multiple universes or an intelligent designer.

"Life conceived the parameters for its existence"
So it gave birth to matter, time, and space? This is pseudo-scientific rhetoric. This guy still does not answer my three questions:

1. How would it be tested?
2. How would it be observed?
3. How would it be falsified?

And the evidence we have so far overwhelmingly points to only one conclusion: Life arose as a by-product of the conditions of a pre-existing universe.

I only posted this in the religion section because philosophy was more applicable to the nature of this thread than anything else.

If a monkey sits in a tree and scratches his nuts, does it happen if a National Geographic Cameraman is not there to photograph the event?

Experiment:
Determine if monkeys nuts were scratched prior to observation.

Materials:
One Monkey that appears to be testicularly disgruntled.

Control:
Five unscratched monkeys wearing boxing gloves.

Results:
Monkey nuts had several nail shaped lines marked on the surface. Skin was broken. Nails had small quantities of nut skin underneath them.

Control group had perfectly intact balls.

Conclusions: Monkeys scratch nuts even when not observed.

"Baseless? The base is in that there are inconsistencies in the physical world that need explaining. Hence, the hypothesis."

Again, just because physicists do not understand some portion of the physical world, does not make it a pretext to place an untestable hypothesis in its place.

Maybe if you had considered how science works, you wouldn't have even taken the time to defend this ridiculous special pleading. What sort of crackpot dreamed up of this?

This was never mentioned. The topic is, some crackpot is defending an untestable hypothesis that states that the universe arose from pre-existing life. Basically, life tuned the universe.

Back