Satanism - Why?

Of course, satanists are just normal humans. They have good and bad sides.

I am on my side. And I damn well like this side. :D

I wouldn't say normal if you know what I mean.. :p

My side's better. My side's going to win Armageddon over Satanists. Ha!

I've known Satan worshipers. They're some of the nicest people I've seen. Then, there are also crazy fucks that are really present in every religion, every society (I haven't met such, ever).

I've flipped through the Satanic Bible (will pick it up at the local library if necessary). Some of those things it says there are fairly logical. It all has a twist, saying stuff about vampires and witches. Vampires don't suck blood, they suck energy. Witches seduce men to their best ability. I knew a guy whose parents dragged him to the exorcist for some stupid reason, and the priest said the poor (little) boy is an energy vampire. Priests are horrible people, I tell ya.

What is the difference, really? In theory, both God and Satan can and do inflict punishments, are omnipotent and immortal. They are both worthy of worship as supernatural beings. Since Satan came about later, you could even reason that he is the more advanced. Satanism is a Christian idea, so Satanists are internalizing a Christian worldview, even when they aren't on the same side.

In reality, I think Satanism is a deliberate perversion of ancient Shamanism, a campaign of slander by Christianity against it's original european rival.

I think it's a few teens who want to piss of their parents (also, see Wiccan).

Josh

SouthStar,

Here are the nine satanic statements from the satanic bible –

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

All of which seem a lot more attractive than the soporific dullness of Christianity.

And here is the Church of Satan website.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

This actual church seems to be very different from the claims you are making for Satanists. Perhaps you have been ill-informed.

Enjoy
Kat

Yeah looking at it like that satan is less evil than god, god is just winning.
I've heard this before, that satanism is merely the celebration of the human animal rather than the repression of it. Basically anarchy without preconcieved ideas of whats right and wrong, going with your gut instead.
Just say god and satan were real, what if god was just really good at deception and was in fact evil, while satan was good and right but god was more successful in brainwashing human beings?
It seems about right to me, I don't believe in god or satan but I know by earth's standards what god preaches is evil and the antithesis of nature. God's influence has made hell on earth. Satans ideals are harmonious with the planet earth. If god and satan are real I can assure you that the natural universe is on satan's side, and that god is lieing, the bible was full of contradictions and has basically been discredited. Even if I was previously a christian I'd be thinking this was some kind of scam by "god" who is actually some villain who never created the universe at all but rather is attacking it with evilness. Satan might just be a guy like me who saw what "god" was doing. Satan was so spot on that god villainised him and made him out to be some kind of monster just so that he couldn't foil his evil plans.
eh? Works out no?

Back