SAFETY - boiling water in a microwave

url
The image isn’t showing. >_<

I know and I can't erase it either. It turns out it's a "video" and can't be posted. I added a link though.
Ha, I see it. I should’ve clarified “I like watching water boil as opposed to heating water in the microwave.” Not just sitting around watching water boil in general. ^_^

I like watching water boil on the stove lol Not sure if I’ve ever heated anything in the microwave, to the point of boiling/scorching/burning. Hmm.
That's because you weird Americans (OK, Persian Americans) don't have kettles. :biggrin:

Lol @ these stereotypes of us Americans. I have a kettle, too. ;)
You do? :eek:

When we moved for a while to Houston we searched everywhere for a kettle. We did find one eventually but it took ages and we had to resort to a sort of shop for European knick-knacks.

But you're really Persian, aren't you?

You do? :eek:

When we moved for a while to Houston we searched everywhere for a kettle. We did find one eventually but it took ages and we had to resort to a sort of shop for European knick-knacks.

But you're really Persian, aren't you?
Yes, part Iranian (also Italian). My kettle looks like a silver antique type, with the very long, pronounced spout for pouring. It lacks a “whistle,” though.

I didn’t know you lived in the US for a time? Learning new things all the time on sci forums. :smile:

Last edited:
Yes, part Iranian (also Italian). My kettle looks like a silver antique type, with the very long, pronounced spout for pouring. It lacks a “whistle,” though.

I didn’t know you lived in the US for a time? Learning new things all the time on sci forums. :smile:
Yes, from 1999 - 2001. Can't say I enjoyed the experience much, though it had its moments. I'd far rather have been in one of the East Coast cities, I think - more like Europe.

But your kettle sounds authentically primitive. From your description, you must put it on the hob to boil. Everyone in Britain - just about - has used electric kettles for about half a century. We had one that went on the hob, with a whistle, when I was a kid in the 1960s. But then we are a nation of tea drinkers, so being able to boil water fast and conveniently is important.

Being Iranian/Italian sounds rather interesting, by the way. :biggrin:

Yes, from 1999 - 2001. Can't say I enjoyed the experience much, though it had its moments. I'd far rather have been in one of the East Coast cities, I think - more like Europe.
I can see that. The south offers easier weather than the north east (outside hurricane season) but I prefer the northeast in terms of things to do, culture, ethnic traditions, etc.

But your kettle sounds authentically primitive.
I like how it looks but I bought it for its long spout. I make pour over coffee, and that requires a more controlled longer spout when pouring water over the grounds.

From your description, you must put it on the hob to boil. Everyone in Britain - just about - has used electric kettles for about half a century. We had one that went on the hob, with a whistle, when I was a kid in the 1960s. But then we are a nation of tea drinkers, so being able to boil water fast and conveniently is important.
Do you drink caffeinated tea in the morning? I like tea too but prefer one cup of coffee to wake me up in the morning.

Being Iranian/Italian sounds rather interesting, by the way. :biggrin:
It is :smile: - I wish Iran wasn’t such a risky place to visit but maybe someday...

I can see that. The south offers easier weather than the north east (outside hurricane season) but I prefer the northeast in terms of things to do, culture, ethnic traditions, etc.

I like how it looks but I bought it for its long spout. I make pour over coffee, and that requires a more controlled longer spout when pouring water over the grounds.

Do you drink caffeinated tea in the morning? I like tea too but prefer one cup of coffee to wake me up in the morning.

It is :smile: - I wish Iran wasn’t such a risky place to visit but maybe someday...
Yes, if they can just get rid of the Serious Beards.........

Yes I drink tea for breakfast: a blend of Assam and Darjeeling - with a tiny pinch of Lapsang Souchong for a touch of smokiness. I have two regular cups, and my teenage son has a huge half litre cup. We also have tea at 4:30-5 p.m. every day. He has another of his huge cups and I have one regular one. I used to drink more tea but, since I had an issue with a heart arrhythmia a couple of years ago, I've controlled my consumption a bit. We drink our tea in the English style, with a small amount of milk in it, which softens the tannins. I think this comes from India - at any rate the tea I was served in Indian shops in Dubai, when I lived there, always had milk in. As it also did when I visited Bombay, sorry Mumbai, a couple of times.

I drink coffee, decaff, sadly these days, after lunch: I call it covfefe, to distinguish it from the proper coffee that my son and visitors have. But I've found a French brand of coffee capsule that tastes pretty authentic, so it's not too bad.

Back