Ringworm...

I picked up a nasty fungus that attacked the heels of my feet in highschool. I lived with it for years, and finally tried to get rid of it with my doctors help. Several prescriptions, including one that was oral, required a liver function test prior to being prescribed, and caused stomach problems - did nothing.

After moving to Arizona, I spotted a container in the pharmacy section of a supermarket. It was boric acid, and it was labeled as an anti-fungal. It cost $1.50, so I bought some. It was in a powdered form, so I used it like footpowder in my shoes. It worked like magic! A fungal infection that had lasted about ten years, and withstood everything my doctor could come up with was gone for good within two weeks.

In California, you can only buy boric acid if it is labeled as an insecticide.

The bitch is, I've had it for a week and have been using Tinactin on it and it doesn't seem to be subsiding.
You have to be more patient. Fungus is a very primitive and sturdy lifeform that does not die easily or quickly. I've got mushrooms in the shady part of my lawn that have lived through two snowy winters. This is going to take longer than a week.
I also read that a mixture of 1 part bleach and five parts water is pretty effective too.
That's what they used in the 1950s before they had any good medicine for ringworm. My mother made me soak my "athlete's foot" (ringworm on the foot) in that stuff and it didn't work at all. We lived in the desert and it usually went away during the summer when it was really hot and dry and I wasn't in school taking P.E. and using the showers.
It'll be about three days 'till they can see me (no earlier than Monday 13th)
That may be a long time to you but it's nothing to a fungus. It will still be there.
Ringworm is pretty common-- it's not like it's something THAT serious.
It can be very itchy and very ugly, and it can take a long time to cure. It's serious enough.
After moving to Arizona, I spotted a container in the pharmacy section of a supermarket. It was boric acid, and it was labeled as an anti-fungal. It cost $1.50, so I bought some. It was in a powdered form, so I used it like footpowder in my shoes. It worked like magic! A fungal infection that had lasted about ten years, and withstood everything my doctor could come up with was gone for good within two weeks.
Boric acid is a physical poison rather than a chemical poison. It sucks the moisture out of the tissues of a small organism so it dries out and dies. It's very effective to put a line of it around your baseboards to take care of ants, roaches, etc. I can imagine it would work the same way on a fungus. The advantage is that since it's not a chemical, it's harmless to larger animals that might lick it up, like dogs and cats and children.
In California, you can only buy boric acid if it is labeled as an insecticide.
Yeah, but it's not hard to find there. My wife just stops in any large gardening store or even a place like Home Depot and it seems like she always finds it.

I'm going to use the BlueStar Ointment (even though it has the word "ointment" in it, which is just the worst sounding word in history) for another week. We'll take it from there.

~String

so how are worms? Ointment (and that really is a barfy word) working well?

well??? Are they gone??

(oh and we got a laser pointer as well. Funniest thing EVER!!!! Until my husband pointed it to my leg!:mad:)

Back