Religious Discussions

Arkantos said:
You don't even know what I personally think about science, but it does intrude on people's lives who do not want it to.

Didn't you just say science was depressing and that it intrudes on peoples lives?

Who's talking here, you or someone else?

charles cure said:
but i didnt say it and i am an atheist here. you are making the same type of generalization that you are striking out against atheists for making about religious people.

by the way, reality intrudes on all of our lives too, so why dont we just ignore it.

to make it a perfect match, I should call for the eradication of atheism to go along with the generalizations.

Arkantos said:
Death will end all human suffering. I did not think anyone who does not believe an afterlife could disagree that death is greater than science when it comes to ending human problems. If all human beings were to commit suicide, then there would be no more human suffering and no more human degradation of the earth and its other inhabitants.

Or, we could simply become educated and understand that human suffering of any kind need not exist, and then do something about it.

Problems are merely challenges to overcome.

Surely, you can't believe religion is any kind of answer to anything?

Arkantos said:
to make it a perfect match, I should call for the eradication of atheism to go along with the generalizations.

how do you call for the eradication of non- belief in something? "hey from now on no one can not believe in religion anymore". think about how stupid that would sound.

Back