Religions true Purpose

Adstar said:
The bible must be taken in it's entirety. If you do that then all your concerns can be answered.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I have read the bible in it's entirety. That's the reason I reject this silly,man made personification that's been put on God. An angry,jealous warlike male god ,but of course at the same time one who loves his creations..so much so that he ordered his followers to bash little childrens heads and rip pregnant womens wombs open! Unbelievable ignorance!
My personal belief is that there is a supreme being ,but not these idiotic personalities that have been put onto God by ancient bronze age tribesmen.
All it's done is tear the world apart with intolerance and hate.

Adstar said:
Don't waste your time posting. All your efforts are in vain. Your loosing it MW.

You are an eternal looser. All who blaspheme the Holy Spirit are.

M*W: I'll determine what I think will be a waste of time in posting, as will the moderators, and posting biased religious propaganda on this forum is the biggest waste of YOUR time.

nova900 said:
I have read the bible in it's entirety. That's the reason I reject this silly,man made personification that's been put on God. An angry,jealous warlike male god ,but of course at the same time one who loves his creations..so much so that he ordered his followers to bash little childrens heads and rip pregnant womens wombs open! Unbelievable ignorance!

Please quote the scripture where God ordered His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open"?

Adstar said:
Please quote the scripture where God ordered His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open"?

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.

Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.

I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.

2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.

Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up

Another example of cruelty:

Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

UncleChrist said:
With every new day
It Becomes more and more Obvious to me
that religions true purpose is actually to seperate people :eek:

keep the Sheeple pre occupied squabbleing and feuding over
which imaginary friend is more real then the other imaginary friend

While the powers that be pick your pocket and rape the world

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"
:bugeye:
No religion is meant to separate and distinguish a group from the rest and then dominate it with superstition, threats and promises.
It is really a unifying mechanism creating communal identity.

What separation occurs is between its self and those that do not ascribe to its particulars.

nova900 said:
Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.

Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.

I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.

2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.

Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up

You still have not provided scripture where God tells His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open"? But you have provided two scriptures that mention these things being done. If you had read the surrounding scripture then you would have understood and no shown yourself to be the ignorant one here, Lets look at the scriptures "In context"

2 Kings 15
16 Then from Tirzah, Menahem attacked Tiphsah, all who were there, and its territory. Because they did not surrender, therefore he attacked it. All the women there who were with child he ripped open. 17 In the thirty-ninth year of Azariah king of Judah, Menahem the son of Gadi became king over Israel, and reigned ten years in Samaria. 18 And he did evil in the sight of the LORD; he did not depart all his days from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin.

So this act was carried out by Menahem there was no order from God to carry out this act, and it states that later that Menahem did evil in the site of the Lord and did not depart all his days from the sins of Jeroboam this clearly shows that Menahems actions where not ordered by God and that God disapproved of the evil that Menahem did.

So your allegation is a lie.

Lets deal with scripture No 2

2 Kings 8
7 Then Elisha went to Damascus, and Ben-Hadad king of Syria was sick; and it was told him, saying, “The man of God has come here.” 8 And the king said to Hazael, “Take a present in your hand, and go to meet the man of God, and inquire of the LORD by him, saying, ‘Shall I recover from this disease?’” 9 So Hazael went to meet him and took a present with him, of every good thing of Damascus, forty camel-loads; and he came and stood before him, and said, “Your son Ben-Hadad king of Syria has sent me to you, saying, ‘Shall I recover from this disease?’”
10 And Elisha said to him, “Go, say to him, ‘You shall certainly recover.’ However the LORD has shown me that he will really die.” 11 Then he set his countenance in a stare until he was ashamed; and the man of God wept. 12 And Hazael said, “Why is my lord weeping?”
He answered, “Because I know the evil that you will do to the children of Israel: Their strongholds you will set on fire, and their young men you will kill with the sword; and you will dash their children, and rip open their women with child.”
13 So Hazael said, “But what is your servant—a dog, that he should do this gross thing?”
And Elisha answered, “The LORD has shown me that you will become king over Syria.”
14 Then he departed from Elisha, and came to his master, who said to him, “What did Elisha say to you?” And he answered, “He told me you would surely recover.” 15 But it happened on the next day that he took a thick cloth and dipped it in water, and spread it over his face so that he died; and Hazael reigned in his place.

So here again there is no call from God to His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open" It was a prophecy by the prophet Elisha that told of what the Syrians under there new king Hazael would do to the people of Israel, Elisha's people. That’s why he cried.

So once again your allegation is shown to be a lie. And you are shown to be both ignorant and a deceiving Liar.

Lets go to the Next scripture shall we.

Isaiah 13
11 “ I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a mortal more rare than fine gold,
A man more than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens,
And the earth will move out of her place,
In the wrath of the LORD of hosts
And in the day of His fierce anger.
14 It shall be as the hunted gazelle,
And as a sheep that no man takes up;
Every man will turn to his own people,
And everyone will flee to his own land.
15 Everyone who is found will be thrust through,
And everyone who is captured will fall by the sword.
16 Their children also will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
Their houses will be plundered
And their wives ravished.
17 “ Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,

Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.
18 Also their bows will dash the young men to pieces,
And they will have no pity on the fruit of the womb;
Their eye will not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms,
The beauty of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Here is another prophecy from the prophet Isaiah. Note who is going to carry out this action against Babylon, The MEDES Not the followers of God. So once again No call from God to His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open".

the same goes for you quote from the prophet Hosea, There is no call by God to His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open". It is a prophecy that this will happen but nowhere does it say that the followers of God will carry out this action.

So continue to search the scriptures if you like but you will not find a call from God to His followers to do what you have falsely alleged He told them to do.

Another example of cruelty:

Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

You quote the prophet Ezekiel, This was a vision He recieved from God fortelling of a future event. The men talked of are not men at all but angels. This is made clear by another Prophet John who wrote the book of Revelation the last book of the Bible. In it he writes:

Revelation 7
2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

This is the same remamant (small percetage of those preserved) talked about by Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 9
8 So it was, that while they were killing them, I was left alone; and I fell on my face and cried out, and said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Will You destroy all the remnant of Israel in pouring out Your fury on Jerusalem?”

Ezekiel 14:22
Yet behold, there shall be left in it a remnant who will be brought out, both sons and daughters; surely they will come out to you, and you will see their ways and their doings. Then you will be comforted concerning the disaster that I have brought upon Jerusalem, all that I have brought upon it.

Adstar said:
You quote the prophet Ezekiel, This was a vision He recieved from God fortelling of a future event. The men talked of are not men at all but angels. This is made clear by another Prophet John who wrote the book of Revelation the last book of the Bible. In it he writes:

Yes, thanks for the sermon:

So, I see it's ok because these were angels and not men that Ezelkiel had a vision of.Nonetheless, the bottom line is that since you no doubt believe the bible is the infallible word of God and these were Godly men that the visions still represent divine revalation and they yes do show the hateful, angry warlike disposition of God. No way you can talk around it or "out of context" it!

Here's a few more that you will no doubt have fun dissecting and twisting around.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill

every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls

who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

(Moses - Numbers 31:17)

"And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his

sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly

destoyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city

we left none to remain:" (Deuteronomy 2:33-34)

"And the LORD said unto me, 'Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all

his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as

thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon'.......

And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon,

utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city."

(Deuteronomy 3:2-6)

"This is what the LORD says: Now go and smite Amalek, and

utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both

man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass ....'

And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."

(1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

So, really all we are debating is this fairy tale vision of God that was created by hebrew tribesmen.
I have a personal belief in God and did at one time half believe in the bible but after studying it and other religions realized the absurd personalities some religions have assigned to the supreme being. Wow, what a perfect way to control the masses! I now embrace a spiritual belief system ..without all the mass killings, jealous warlike gods, prejudice to women and other insane personality traits. No religous dogma for me. I refuse to live in ignorance, so yes my ignorance was when I BELIEVED in this nonsense.
All these things have done is keep the world in constant turmoil and hatred.

Here is an interesting link:
Yes, I know "out of context" *LOL*

http://www.geocities.com/wwu777us/Debunking_Christian_Arguments.htm

Adstar said:
You still have not provided scripture where God tells His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open"? But you have provided two scriptures that mention these things being done. If you had read the surrounding scripture then you would have understood and no shown yourself to be the ignorant one here, Lets look at the scriptures "In context"

Isaiah 13
11 “ I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a mortal more rare than fine gold,
A man more than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens,
And the earth will move out of her place,
In the wrath of the LORD of hosts
And in the day of His fierce anger.
14 It shall be as the hunted gazelle,
And as a sheep that no man takes up;
Every man will turn to his own people,
And everyone will flee to his own land.
15 Everyone who is found will be thrust through,
And everyone who is captured will fall by the sword.
16 Their children also will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
Their houses will be plundered
And their wives ravished.
17 “ Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,

Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.
18 Also their bows will dash the young men to pieces,
And they will have no pity on the fruit of the womb;
Their eye will not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms,
The beauty of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Here is another prophecy from the prophet Isaiah. Note who is going to carry out this action against Babylon, The MEDES Not the followers of God. So once again No call from God to His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open".

the same goes for you quote from the prophet Hosea, There is no call by God to His followers to "bash little children’s heads and rip pregnant woman’s wombs open". It is a prophecy that this will happen but nowhere does it say that the followers of God will carry out this action.

"In the wrath of the LORD of hosts
And in the day of His fierce anger. "

Uh, let's see "His fierce anger" ----Gee, wonder how the he is they are referring to? :)

" Therefore I will shake the heavens,
And the earth will move out of her place, "

Did not realize the Medes had this supernatural power.

“ Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,[/B]
Who will not regard silver; "

And just "WHO" ? motivated( or would in this so called fantasy ..I mean prophecy) the Medes to do these acts..just take a guess.

So as far as the "in context" ....just a pretty way to make the atrocities of the bible justified. Nice try.

nova900

You have already lost all credibility. I have shown that your first allegation was a deceptive lie. You are a liar. But you persist in making false allegations as if your words have credibility. :rolleyes:

As for all your other revelations??? :rolleyes:

These deal with the time of the wrath of God upon the evil people of cannan. God chose to use the Israelites to carry out his wrath upon the peoples of the region who burnt there babies to death as sacrifices to moloch.

God is justified in carrying out destruction on all people who do evil. You do not like that? Bad luck. His will shall be done. The times of Gods wrath is not over. The greatest wrath is yet to come upon the whole earth. Upon the return of the Messiah Jesus there will be a time of suffering that the world has never experienced before. God will destroy the evil ones of this world, He will bring such suffering upon this world that the living will envy the dead. So through all the false accusations and lies you want. In the end Gods will shall be done and those of evil intents will face the terror of the Lord. Both here on earth and then into eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Last edited:
Rekigion's main purpose is to lessen the fear of the cessation of physical existence becoming non-existence. One less thing to worry about.

Adstar said:
nova900

You have already lost all credibility. I have shown that your first allegation was a deceptive lie. You are a liar. But you persist in making false allegations as if your words have credibility. :rolleyes:

As for all your other revelations??? :rolleyes:

These deal with the time of the wrath of God upon the evil people of cannan. God chose to use the Israelites to carry out his wrath upon the baby peoples of the region who burnt there babies to death as sacrifices to moloch.

God is justified in carrying our destruction on all people who do evil. You do not like that? Bad luck. His will shall be done. The times of Gods wrath is not over. The greatest wrath is yet to come upon the whole earth. Upon the return of the Messiah Jesus there will be a time of suffering that the world has never experienced before. God will destroy the evil ones of this world, He will bring such suffering upon this world that the living will envy the dead. So through all the false accusations and lies you want. In the end Gods will shall be done and those of evil intents will face the terror of the Lord. Both here on earth and then into eternity in the Lake of Fire.

That's it?? The best thing you can come up with is Liar ,liar!! :)

My revalations? Hardly... just my criticism of a badly flawed ridiculous human made rendition of God. Judging by the evil this fairy tale god committed ..He should be the first to cast himself into the lake of fire! *lol*

You are beyond having a reasonable dialogue with.
Your little rant proves to me all the dark and evil nature of this nutty vision of God..no wonder the world is in trouble.
People like you are scary..ever hear of 'Donnie Swaggart'?

Please try to cast aside your spiritual ignorance ...remember what Plato said" "The first step to wisdom is to admit your ignorance"

And you have not admitted your ignorance. So no wisdom will ever come to you until you do.

You are fearful? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Adstar said:
And you have not admitted your ignorance. So no wisdom will ever come to you until you do.

You are fearful? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Not true...I have admitted my ignorance.That's why I left that dark evil fairy tale vision of God. *LOL*

nova900 said:
People like you are scary..ever hear of 'Donnie Swaggart'?

M*W: I used to watch Jimmy on occasion just to see his fake crying. Whatever happened to his son?

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: I used to watch Jimmy on occasion just to see his fake crying. Whatever happened to his son?

Yes, I bet Jimmy still cries over the time they caught him in the motel with a 'lady of the evening'!

I have not seen Donnie Swaggart lately but caught him a couple of times a few months ago. He was yelling and screaming that all religions except his were false and they would all burn in the eternal pit.
Then I thought...Are these really the type of people I would want to spend all eternity with? *LOL*

Back