Religion will eat your face!

any religion, thought, etc... refuses scientific truth, logic and good of mankind will harm mankind itself.

Great C'thulu's Ghost!

That is obscene. How could he let it get that far? See, this is why I'm a teensie bit on the authoritarian axis - hold the stupid bastard down and lazer the fucking thing off. Idiot. Ruined his life with that thing.

Damn...that would suck. I wonder if he'll have any face left after the surgury?

But I think being able to do transfusion free surgeries is amazing. If this kind of knife had only been available years before when they hadn't yet screened for AIDS/HIV.

Sad that this adult man chose this route, but...:shrug:

He's entitled to his choices. I know of many people who refuse treatment and not just for religious reasons

He fully understood the nature of his decision when he was 14? I maintain that is too young to even comprehend the concepts of the religion he allegedly adopted in freedom.

He fully understood the nature of his decision when he was 14? I maintain that is too young to even comprehend the concepts of the religion he allegedly adopted in freedom.

I agree, if your not old enough to understand the consequences of murder, how can you understand other problems or situations with long term consequences, like having a hug effing tumor and not having it removed?

He's been a lot older than 14 for some time now.

Sometimes it is the people who resist that provoke progress.

He's been a lot older than 14 for some time now.

Sometimes it is the people who resist that provoke progress.

You would have to question the level of influence his mother's beliefs had on his refusal to accept treatment in the past. There are other factors in this story that no one has yet addressed:

Financial pressures, mis-diagnoses and the limitations of the Portuguese health system all played a role, but Jose's own complicated attitude to his condition has not helped.

Unsuccessful and unhappy visits to Germany and Spain in search of medical care in his youth have left him with a distrust of doctors. This, combined with his loyalty to his mother's faith, and concerns about life without the mask to which he has become accustomed, appear to have instilled Jose with a sullen fatalism about his condition.
Link
There comes a time when one should simply say 'faith be damned'.

According to Wikipedia, they base their belief on the following verses:

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us, to put on you nothing more than these necessary things;
Act 15:29 To keep from things offered to false gods, and from blood, and from things put to death in ways which are against the law, and from the evil desires of the body; if you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. May you be happy.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in its blood; and I have given it to you on the altar to take away your sin: for it is the blood which makes free from sin because of the life in it.
Lev 17:12 For this reason I have said to the children of Israel, No man among you, or any others living with you, may take blood as food.
Lev 17:13 And any man of Israel, or any other living among them, who gets with his bow any beast or bird used for food, is to see that its blood is covered with earth.
Lev 17:14 For the blood is the life of all flesh: and so I have said to the children of Israel, You may not take any sort of blood as food, and any man who does so will be cut of.

And yet:

Leviticus 21: 18 For no one who has a defect shall approach: a blind man, or a lame man, or he that hath a flat nose, of anything superfluous.

any religion, thought, etc... refuses scientific truth, logic and good of mankind will harm mankind itself.
never heard of thalidomide?

images

Back