Relativity Theory is THEORETICALLY wrong!

(Q),

You should take a look at the main page: http://www.geocities.com/anewlightinphysics

A lot of nonsense. An electrical engineer who doesn't understand physics. He claims relativity is wrong and photons have mass. He is a confused individual.

Well, a right theory has more value than a wrong theory.

If it were wrong, yes. But, that is not the case. The theory is used and shows correct results every time. How is that wrong?

(Q),
The theory is used and shows correct results every time. How is that wrong?
And that is why is still considered true after 100 years I know. Nevertheless I have found theoretical inconsistencies and I also have found a totally new theory that seems to be right. It is under development and many things remains to be proven, still much work remains to be done, but is a good one...

A lot of nonsense. An electrical engineer who doesn't understand physics. He claims relativity is wrong and photons have mass. He is a confused individual.
I'm not confused, I have made some theoretical discoveries...

It does but the rotaton is treated the same as classically. If you have an object with a composed motion of linear velocity relative to an observer plus a rotation you just need to apply Lorentz Transform in the time varying plane of both, the observer and the object (that which also has the direction of the rotation) plus a classical rotation. It is a composed transform.
If GR doesn't treat rotating reference frames any better than they were treated classically, then it isn't "handling" them in the sense I was talking about (ie. that the same laws are valid in rotating and non-rotating frames).
But this way you are accepting there is a special set of frames and is not what General Relativity says. When I'm referring to the frame that can be determined by pendulums and gyroscopes I'm referring to GR statement of no privileged frames of reference at all.
If GR doesn't claim that the laws of physics are invariant with respect to transformations into rotating frames, it certainly cannot claim all reference frames are equally valid.
Yes and I believe it exist. We can just choose a frame with directions determined by gyroscopes far away from massive objects to ensure no gravitatonal effects and the center of the frame to be the center of the Universe which I believe must exist (although difficult to determine).
Do you have anything more than your own personal belief to offer? Because every indication is that this belief is wrong. Gyroscopes may detect an absolute state of rotation, but that is all they detect.
These way we can define rest frames in the Universe. One of them would be the Absolute Frame of the Universe which could be determined by some property of the Universe like symmetries in it.

I'm talking about special properties of the Universe and not of the laws of the Universe. For example the way the axis of rotation of Earth is determined.
The "absolute" frame that would contradict special relativity is the unique reference frame in which the laws of physics would take their simplest form, which requires variance of the laws of physics with respect to transformations. If you're working on a different definition of "absolute" (eg. considering the CMB or centre of mass of the universe), fine, but it no longer has anything to do with relativity.
A theory also contradicts itself if two different observers make contradictory observations what is present in the presented problem.
So what makes two different observations made by two different observers a contradiction in and of itself? I'd say it just made whatever was being observed frame (or observer) dependent.
The crossing event of the twins after the symmetrical travel gives only one event to be measured by all the frames in the instant when the center of all the frames coincide. This avoids the problem of the relativity of the simultaneity. This is one of the important features of the problem.
You can't measure a rate of change with only one data point.

Nevertheless I have found theoretical inconsistencies and I also have found a totally new theory that seems to be right. It is under development and many things remains to be proven, still much work remains to be done, but is a good one...

Good luck with that. Although, I'll have to assume those so-called 'theoretical inconsistencies' are merely assertions based on misunderstandings.

I'm not confused, I have made some theoretical discoveries...

You mean to tell me that is YOUR website, that it is YOU? YOU are the confused electrical engineer who wrote all that nonsense?

przyk,
If GR doesn't treat rotating reference frames any better than they were treated classically, then it isn't "handling" them in the sense I was talking about (ie. that the same laws are valid in rotating and non-rotating frames).
Can you give an example?

Gyroscopes may detect an absolute state of rotation, but that is all they detect.
They "detect an absolute state of rotation" and you think this is irrelevant?
They determine very special frames of reference!

The "absolute" frame that would contradict special relativity is the unique reference frame in which the laws of physics would take their simplest form, which requires variance of the laws of physics with respect to transformations. If you're working on a different definition of "absolute" (eg. considering the CMB or centre of mass of the universe), fine, but it no longer has anything to do with relativity.
When I say that an absolute frame can be determined by gyroscopes directions and the center at the center of the Universe I'mnot defining "absolute frames" but just giving a way to determine them. Of course I propose that some laws are non-invariant. I present DE Broglie law as an example in part B of page cited at the head post.

So what makes two different observations made by two different observers a contradiction in and of itself? I'd say it just made whatever was being observed frame (or observer) dependent.
There are some things that are not frame dependent. If I has a long bear I will have it in any frame of reference that I could be observed. Age is an intrinsic property of living individuals that cannot be frame dependent anyway. You cannot observe that something have happened in a frame of observation while not happening just changing the frame of observation.

You can't measure a rate of change with only one data point.
Of course I can, just look at Lorentz transformation for time!

Hi martillo,
Can you give an example?
Of what? A law that is variant with respect to a transformation into a rotating frame? Just take either classical or relativistic mechanics. An object with no external forces acting upon it doesn't even obey Newton's first law in a rotating frame (see Coriolis effect).
They "detect an absolute state of rotation" and you think this is irrelevant?
As far as special relativity is concerned, yes (I don't really feel like defending a theory like GR that I don't understand).
They determine very special frames of reference!
They don't contradict Lorentz invariance, and therefore don't contradict special relativity. Relativity only denies absolute linear velocity. It says nothing about absolute angular velocity. The two are completely independent.
When I say that an absolute frame can be determined by gyroscopes directions and the center at the center of the Universe I'mnot defining "absolute frames" but just giving a way to determine them.
You have to show that the "absolute frame" you are determining is the same type of "absolute frame" relativity claims is undetectable. Otherwise, you don't have a case against relativity.
Of course I propose that some laws are non-invariant. I present DE Broglie law as an example in part B of page cited at the head post.
The de Broglie relations can be expressed as:
$$\vec{p} = \hbar \vec{k}$$​
where $$\vec{p}$$ and $$\vec{k}$$ are the four-momentum and the wavenumber, respectively (the timelike component of $$\vec{k}$$ is related to the frequency of the wave, which the above equation links to the particle's energy). Since $$\vec{k}$$ is proportional to $$\vec{p}$$, it, like the four-momentum, is a four-vector (meaning it transforms by the Lorentz transformation).

The equation of a (real) wave can be expressed as:
$$\Psi = A \cos(\vec{k} \cdot \vec{x} + \varphi)$$​
where $$\vec{x}$$ is the four-position, and $$\vec{k} \cdot \vec{x} = - k^0 x^0 + k^1 x^1 + k^2 x^2 + k^3 x^3$$ is the Minkowski inner product of $$\vec{k}$$ and $$\vec{x}$$. The Minkowski inner product of any two four-vectors is a Lorentz scalar (ie. invariant). To anyone familiar with the Minkowski formalism, this ends the discussion on the Lorentz invariance of the relativistic de Broglie relations.

I posted the correct, general transformations for the wavelength ($$\lambda' = \gamma \lambda$$ is only a special case) and period of a wave [POST=1364865]here[/POST], following a derivation [POST=1364576]here[/POST]. I suggest you reread these posts - then we can discuss any specific points you don't find convincing.
There are some things that are not frame dependent. If I has a long bear I will have it in any frame of reference that I could be observed. Age is an intrinsic property of living individuals that cannot be frame dependent anyway.
If I have a theory that claims that the existence of your long beard is frame dependent, my theory clearly would not fit observation and experience, but it could well be internally consistent.
You cannot observe that something have happened in a frame of observation while not happening just changing the frame of observation.
This is the way things happen to be and what human intuition has evolved to expect. It is not a logical necessity.
Of course I can, just look at Lorentz transformation for time!
Staring at an equation and deriving something based on physical measurements are not the same thing. How would your two twins measure their relative ageing rates?

przyk,
A law that is variant with respect to a transformation into a rotating frame? Just take either classical or relativistic mechanics. An object with no external forces acting upon it doesn't even obey Newton's first law in a rotating frame (see Coriolis effect).
From your link:
The Coriolis effect is caused by the Coriolis force, which appears in the equation of motion in a rotating frame of reference. Sometimes this force is called a fictitious force (or pseudo force), because it does not appear when the motion is expressed in an inertial frame of reference. Regardless of the chosen frame of reference, the motion is the same. In an inertial frame of reference, the real impressed forces, together with inertia, are sufficient to explain the motion. In a rotating frame, the Coriolis and centrifugal forces are needed in the equation to correctly describe the motion.
A rotational frame is an accelerated frame (non inertial) and of course "fictitious" forces are needed and used even in Classical Physics! In an accelerated frame every object must be considered as under the effect of the "fictitious" forces. The same happens in frames under gravitational fields.

You have to show that the "absolute frame" you are determining is the same type of "absolute frame" relativity claims is undetectable. Otherwise, you don't have a case against relativity.
Of course it is. Is obvious.

I posted the correct, general transformations for the wavelength ( λ’ = γλ is only a special case) and period of a wave here, following a derivation here. I suggest you reread these posts - then we can discuss any specific points you don't find convincing.
I repeat: you arrive at the same formula as me so where is the problem?

If I have a theory that claims that the existence of your long beard is frame dependent, my theory clearly would not fit observation and experience, but it could well be internally consistent.
I don't say Relativity is "internally" inconsistent, I say it is physically inconsistent.

You cannot observe that something have happened in a frame of observation while not happening just changing the frame of observation.

This is the way things happen to be and what human intuition has evolved to expect. It is not a logical necessity.
"Human intuition has evolved to expect???
It is a physical necessity. It's about reality in the real world. The reality in some place (as the representation of all phenomena happening in some place of the Universe at some time) is only one, is unique!

From your link:

A rotational frame is an accelerated frame (non inertial) and of course "fictitious" forces are needed and used even in Classical Physics! In an accelerated frame every object must be considered as under the effect of the "fictitious" forces. The same happens in frames under gravitational fields.
So...?
Of course it is. Is obvious.
So you've found Lorentz variant laws?
I repeat: you arrive at the same formula as me so where is the problem?
You did not arrive at:
$$\frac{1}{\lambda'} = \gamma \left( \frac{1}{\lambda} + \frac{v}{c^2} \, \frac{1}{T} \right)$$​
This equation allows the wavelength to be finite in one frame and infinite in another. If you don't see a problem then you have either not read my posts or you have changed your mind about the de Broglie wavelength violating Lorentz invariance.
I don't say Relativity is "internally" inconsistent, I say it is physically inconsistent.
So you can cite experimental results that are inconsistent with relativity?
"Human intuition has evolved to expect???
Yes. Humans have evolved minds designed to cope with the world we live in as we see it. We did not directly experience curved space, reciprocity, wave-particle duality and so on in everyday life in the history of our species, so it's not surprising that we never evolved to consider them natural or obvious. They seem impossible, but in reality they just contradict a worldview you take for granted.
It is a physical necessity.
What makes it a necessity? Necessity for what, anyway?
It's about reality in the real world. The reality in some place (as the representation of all phenomena happening in some place of the Universe at some time) is only one, is unique!
Relativity doesn't contradict this. The descriptions of a phenomenon gets transformed from one reference frame to another, but the phenomenon remains the same.

przyk,
So there is no problem with rotational frames in GR nor even in Classical Physics as you have said.

So you've found Lorentz variant laws?
Don't you read properly the posts?
Part B shows De Broglie law non-invariant in a Lorentz transform.

This equation allows the wavelength to be finite in one frame and infinite in another.
My equation is the same as that you called "simplified equation" and is derived directly from the Lorentz transform of distance (lenght). This is the right way to analize the variance or non-invariance of De Broglie law and it appears non-invariant.

So you can cite experimental results that are inconsistent with relativity?
Not for the moment. I made a theoretical work and have found Relativity THEORETICALLY inconsistent.

They seem impossible, but in reality they just contradict a worldview you take for granted.
That the way Relativity defenders have to think. I don't believe it. I believe our intuitive perception of nature is right and Relativity is wrong.

What makes it a necessity? Necessity for what, anyway?
I have said: "You cannot observe that something have happened in a frame of observation while not happening just changing the frame of observation."
This is a so basic principle that is not discussed!

It's about reality in the real world. The reality in some place (as the representation of all phenomena happening in some place of the Universe at some time) is only one, is unique!
Relativity doesn't contradict this. The descriptions of a phenomenon gets transformed from one reference frame to another, but the phenomenon remains the same.
There are some descriptions or observations that are frame dependent (like trajectory) but there are others like age that are not. As I said, for example if I have a bear at some time I will have it independently of the referential chosed to observe me.
Relativity is inconsistent with the intrinsic property of age of living beings.

So there is no problem with rotational frames in GR nor even in Classical Physics as you have said.
I never said that you couldn't transform the laws of physics into a rotating reference frame. In general, you can do this for any arbitrarily twisted coordinate system (you can even use the Galilean transformation if you really want) - it just boils down to variable substitutions and a bit of algebra. The point is that the transformed laws generally don't take the same form in the new coordinate system as they do in the original inertial frame. The paragraph you quoted from Wiki supports this in the case of rotating frames.
Don't you read properly the posts?
Part B shows De Broglie law non-invariant in a Lorentz transform.
I do, and no, it doesn't.
My equation is the same as that you called "simplified equation" and is derived directly from the Lorentz transform of distance (lenght). This is the right way to analize the variance or non-invariance of De Broglie law and it appears non-invariant.
No it's not. If it was, you'd be able to point out specific flaws in my arguments [POST=1364647]here[/POST] and [POST=1364865]here[/POST] and [POST=1368821]here[/POST], rather than resorting to reflexive denial and contradiction. I, on the other hand, can point out the specific flaw in your reasoning: you are applying a formula of limited applicability where it isn't applicable. Unless you can find a flaw in the derivation I provided, the correct transformation of the wavelength is this one:
$$\frac{1}{\lambda'} = \gamma \left( \frac{1}{\lambda} + \frac{v}{c^2} \, \frac{1}{T} \right)$$​
This only reduces to $$\lambda' = \frac{1}{\gamma} \lambda$$ if $$T = \infty$$. Were this the case, your point would be valid. But $$T$$ isn't infinite. It's related to the particle's energy by:
$$T = \frac{h}{E}$$​
(this is a rearrangement of the equation $$E = hf$$)
Not for the moment. I made a theoretical work and have found Relativity THEORETICALLY inconsistent.
Relativity is an internally consistent and tested theory. It is only inconsistent with your own preconceptions. You aren't trying to observe and explain the laws of nature. You are trying to dictate what you think they should be.
That the way Relativity defenders have to think. I don't believe it. I believe our intuitive perception of nature is right
There's no reason for our intuition to be naturally tuned to understanding nature on scales and in situations we don't encounter in everyday life.
I have said: "You cannot observe that something have happened in a frame of observation while not happening just changing the frame of observation."
This is a so basic principle that is not discussed!
I'm not claiming this is right or wrong. I am claiming it cannot be shown that the universe must obey this principle, not that we don't observe that it does. There's a difference.
Relativity is inconsistent with the intrinsic property of age of living beings.
Therefore, your notion that age is an "intrinsic property" of living beings is inconsistent with reality.

Last edited:
przyk,
I will answer the point related to the wavelenght now since I think is the most important now.
In my manuscript I derived the Lorentz transformation of the wavelenght directly as a lenght and I think is right.
Your formula is also right but you have found the Lorentz transformation of the equation of the wave and derived which condition the wavelenght must satisfy.
In principle both derivation should be the same but they aren't which show some inconsistenct but I will not treat this point. I find more important to say that your formula is equivalent in showing the same type of inconsistency of Relativity Theory I have found with "my" formula!
You must consider that the De Broglie wave has a velocity of propagation equal to c2/v (See: http://www.davis-inc.com/physics/broglie/broglie.shtml) what gives a finite value of the wavelenght in your formula since there is a relationship between λ and T: λf = λ/T = velocity of propagation = c2/v. This value is the value of the wavelenght in the frame of the object moving at velocity v and as I said is finite but if we apply the De Broglie formula in the same form (invariantly) in this frame we obtain a wavelenght equal to infinity since the velocity there is zero (λ=h/mv).
So your formula also demonstrates that the De Broglie formula is not invariant under a change of referentials!

De Broglie law is non-invariant and so the first principle of Relativity is false. It says that all laws in Physics must be invariant under a change of frames while in practice we have found one that is not.

Last edited:
martillo:
In my manuscript I derived the Lorentz transformation of the wavelenght directly as a lenght and I think is right.
No it's not. The length contraction formula only works if whatever you're measuring the length of is at rest in one of the two frames you are considering. As you just worked out for yourself, the phase velocity of a de Broglie wave is never less than $$c$$ in any frame.
Your formula is also right but you have found the Lorentz transformation of the equation of the wave and derived which condition the wavelenght must satisfy.
Which condition would that be?
In principle both derivation should be the same but they aren't which show some inconsistenct but I will not treat this point. I find more important to say that your formula is equivalent in showing the same type of inconsistency of Relativity Theory I have found with "my" formula!
You must consider that the De Broglie wave has a velocity of propagation equal to c2/v (See: http://www.davis-inc.com/physics/broglie/broglie.shtml) what gives a finite value of the wavelenght in your formula since there is a relationship between λ and T: λf = λ/T = velocity of propagation = c2/v. This value is the value of the wavelenght in the frame of the object moving at velocity v and as I said is finite but if we apply the De Broglie formula in the same form (invariantly) in this frame we obtain a wavelenght equal to infinity since the velocity there is zero (λ=h/mv).
So your formula also demonstrates that the De Broglie formula is not invariant under a change of referentials!
Er, how can $$\frac{c^2}{v}$$ be finite and $$\frac{h}{\gamma m v}$$ be infinite for the same $$v$$?

przyk,
Er, how can be finite and be infinite for the same ?
Is not the same.
v is the velocity of the object as seen by the "fixed" frame only.
You must remember we are considering at first time the wave of an object of mass m travelling at velocity v relative to the "fixed" frame and at second time we are trying to see the wave from the moving frame at the moving object. The velocity of the object in the moving frame is zero and so the De Broglie wavelenght of it as seen by the moving frame is infinity (its velocity is also infinity but it doesn't matter now).
We use the velocity v to Lorentz transform the wavelenght from that seen by the "fixed" frame to the moving frame.
The objective is to compare the results and they appear different even with your formula and so there is a contradiction. If De Broglie law would be invariant the results would be the same but they aren't.
Then De Broglie is not invariant under a change of referentials.
Is a non invariant law in contradiction with the first principle of Relativity. Then the principle is not valid.

Last edited:
martillo:

No it's not. The length contraction formula only works if whatever you're measuring the length of is at rest in one of the two frames you are considering. As you just worked out for yourself, the phase velocity of a de Broglie wave is never less than $$c$$ in any frame.

Which condition would that be?

Er, how can $$\frac{c^2}{v}$$ be finite and $$\frac{h}{\gamma m v}$$ be infinite for the same $$v$$?

Can u please shed some light on how length contraction was know first time, or any links, please.

Singularity,
Please read the thread from the head post.

I am not professional , i dont understand your HiFi language, i am reading this thread from the top. Hope someone answers the question to the point, i have been asking this question for many months now, and none of the experts could utter a word on it.:rolleyes:

Singularity,
Lorentz (before Einstein) was the first to point that lenght contraction would be necessary to explain some electrodynamics of the electrons. I don't remember which exactly were those experiments.

Is not the same.
v is the velocity of the object as seen by the "fixed" frame only.
Look at your own formula:
$$\frac{\lambda}{T} = \frac{c^2}{v}$$​
$$\lambda$$ and $$T$$ are both frame dependent quantities, therefore so is $$v$$. $$v$$, $$\lambda$$, and $$T$$ are all as observed in the same reference frame.
You must remember we are considering at first time the wave of an object of mass m travelling at velocity v relative to the "fixed" frame and at second time we are trying to see the wave from the moving frame at the moving object. The velocity of the object in the moving frame is zero and so the De Broglie wavelenght of it as seen by the moving frame is infinity
And $$\lambda' = \frac{c^2}{v'} T$$ is also infinite if $$v' = 0$$, so where's the problem?

To generalize for a particle of velocity $$u$$:
$$\lambda = \frac{c^2}{u} T = \frac{c^2}{u} \frac{h}{E} = \frac{c^2}{u} \frac{h}{\gamma(u) m c^2} = \frac{h}{\gamma(u) m u} = \frac{h}{p}$$​
so $$\lambda = \frac{c^2}{u} T$$ is the de Broglie wavelength. This shouldn't come as a surprise considering it's the two de Brogie relations that are used to derive $$\frac{\lambda}{T} = \frac{c^2}{u}$$ in the first place!
(its velocity is also infinity but it doesn't matter now).
See this and this. The latter gives a whole list of trivial ways in which you can get "something" to travel faster than light in a way that isn't a problem for relativity.
We use the velocity v to Lorentz transform the wavelenght from that seen by the "fixed" frame to the moving frame.
The objective is to compare the results and they appear different even with your formula and so there is a contradiction. If De Broglie law would be invariant the results would be the same but they aren't.
Then De Broglie is not invariant under a change of referentials.
Is a non invariant law in contradiction with the first principle of Relativity. Then the principle is not valid.
Given that a particle's velocity is $$u$$ and mass is $$m$$ (and $$p = \gamma(u) m u$$, $$E = \gamma(u) m c^2$$) in a reference frame $$K$$, there are two ways of calculating its wavelength in a frame $$K'$$ travelling at velocity $$v$$ with respect to $$K$$.

The first method is to find the particle's velocity $$u'$$ and momentum $$p'$$ in $$K'$$, and apply the de Broglie relation there:
$$\lambda' = \frac{h}{p'}$$​

The second approach is to use the de Broglie relations in $$K$$ to substitute the particle's momentum and energy into the wavelength transformation formula I posted earlier, giving:
$$\frac{1}{\lambda'} = \gamma(v) \left( \frac{p}{h} - \frac{v}{c^2} \frac{E}{h} \right)$$​

If these formulae agree, the de Broglie wavelength formula is Lorentz invariant. You can see quite easily that both equations will yield $$\lambda' = \infty$$ for $$u = v$$.

NB: The appearance of the minus sign in the second equation for $$\lambda'$$ is worth explaining: a Lorentz invariant wave would be dependent on the Minkowski product $$\vec{k} \cdot \vec{r} = - k^0 r^0 + k^1 r^1 + k^2 r^2 + k^3 r^3$$ ($$\vec{r}$$ is a four-position vector), with $$k^0$$ proportional to the $$\omega$$ related to the energy. When deriving the wavelength transformation formula, I was working with $$k x + \omega t$$, with the opposite sign in front of the products of the timelike coefficients of both vectors. Apologies if this leads to any confusion - I'm not exactly copying all this out of a textbook, and I was initially trying to avoid bringing details and the Minkowski formalism into this.

Last edited:
przyk,

I accept the change of the minus sign in the equation. You would have it in that way if you had started with the equation cos(kx-wt) for the wave.
I must recognize you have found a very good point with your reasoning.
This will make me think more about.

I still wonder: if the wavelenght is a lenght (a distance) in the x axis why it does not transform as a normal lenght contraction λ=λ'/γ? I think that in principle it should do.

Returning to other subject:
I never said that you couldn't transform the laws of physics into a rotating reference frame. In general, you can do this for any arbitrarily twisted coordinate system (you can even use the Galilean transformation if you really want) - it just boils down to variable substitutions and a bit of algebra. The point is that the transformed laws generally don't take the same form in the new coordinate system as they do in the original inertial frame. The paragraph you quoted from Wiki supports this in the case of rotating frames.
But the concept of the "fictitius"forces enables for exmple the motion law: F=dp/dt have the same form. Is just that the forces are different when seen from different frames.
This is why I asked for an example. In which cases a law would take different form?
Note that if this is the case you are pointing to a possible inconsistency in Relativity Theory.

Last edited:
Back