regarding the bible

c20H25N3o said:
It just seems luke warm to sit on the fence anonymous2. I am aware that you have not called me delusional but I wish you would either agree wholeheartedly with M*W or come right out and confess Jesus as Lord. It seems cowardly to try and mediate when there clearly cannot be fellowship between M*W and I given our utterly contrasting views of the bible and particualry the role of St Paul in God's plan for man's salvation.
I am not trying to appease anyone, I am just speaking the truth of the Christian faith, warts and all.

peace

c20

From my viewpoint, how is it being lukewarm? Are you saying that I, as a non-Christian, should hate you? Maybe you would want that to help a martyr complex. ;) Ok, maybe not. But I put it out there as an idea. Do you hate people who express non-Christian opinions? Maybe you do, but just because I defend you in your preaching, that doesn't make me lukewarm, in my opinion. That makes me a respecter of your right to preach what you believe in. I don't need to agree with what you believe in to respect your right to preach it. Fair enough? :)

I can't confess Jesus as Lord because I can't accept your worldview. That doesn't have to mean that I can't see value in some of the Christian belief structure, does it?

How is it cowardly that I tried to defend the validity of a viewpoint, even if it's not necessarily my own?

Last edited:
anonymous2 said:
From my viewpoint, how is it being lukewarm? Are you saying that I, as a non-Christian, should despise and hate you? Maybe you would want that to help a martyr complex. ;) Ok, maybe not. But I put it out there as an idea. Do you hate people who express non-Christian opinions? Maybe you do, but just because I defend you in your preaching, that doesn't make me lukewarm. That makes me a respecter of your right to preach what you believe in. I don't need to agree with what you believe in to respect your right to preach it. Fair enough? :)

Yes. Understood.

Back