Regarding Race and Racism.

If the notion of standardized tests is inherently biased against blacks then why not let the blacks write their own standardized tests? And then do the same for the whites, asians, hispanics, etc., etc. That way nobody can claim racial bias as a justification for low test scores. For pete's sake, you helped author your own tests, so you should ace them, right? That way nobody ever gets their feelings hurt and after all, isn't that really the most important rule for any system? Making sure nobody ever makes less than a perfect score. Shit, shouldn't we just give everybody the big trophy at the end of every contest?

So let's hear it from all of you that are too smart for standardized testing. What's the best way to screen applicants to schools, for jobs, etc.? I wont argue that there isn't some amount of bias in any test, but since you're the super-genius that purposefully fails the test to screw with the bias, what is a better alternative? I'm applying to grad school later in the year and I want to be sure and tell the interviewer why my GMAT scores really aren't relevant and he/she better not use them against me if I don't make as high as another applicant. I'm sure they are going to be really impressed by the arguments supplied by the Illuminati of Sciforums. :D

Last edited:
Back