Range (time & space) of prehistoric man

Hmmmm, I was trying to prod you into actually providing some verifiable evidence to support your suppositions. But as per usual, you can't so you resort to quips. :rolleyes:

IAC said:
Lucy had the bow legs of chimps, no indication that she was anything other.
The legs and pelvis are the least chimp-like parts of that skeleton. I begin to think that unerring ability to choose the most ridiculous assertion possible in a given circumstance is not a coincidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)

http://www.asu.edu/clas/iho/lucy.html

Her distal femur shows several traits unique to bipedality. The shaft is angled relative to the condyles (knee joint surfaces) which allows bipeds to balance on one leg at a time during locomotion. There is a prominent patellar lip to keep the patella (knee cap) from dislocating due to this angle. Her condyles are large, and are thus adapted to handling the added weight which results from shifting from four limbs to two. The pelvis exhibits a number of adaptations to bipedality. The entire structure has been remodeled to accommodate an upright stance and the need to balance the trunk on only one limb with each stride. The talus, in her ankle, shows evidence for a convergent big toe, sacrificing manipulative abilities for efficiency in bipedal locomotion. The vertebrae show evidence of the spinal curvatures necessitated by a permanent upright stance.

I think IAC already knew that, and is just trolling.

What is this, the fifth or sixth thread taken into bullshit by this one troll?

Last edited:
He is a willful and deliberate liar, which is completely consistent with the wacko christian mindset that celbrates violations of any of the ten commandments that further their ludicrous beliefs. Killing a doctor who commits abortion is not murder, avoiding "illegal" income taxes is not stealing, and telling obvious falsehoods about biology is not lieing. At least not in the minds of the religious right.

Back