Racism in the Gay Community

Hating any race shouldn't be tolerable...

What about hating people but not a specific race? I mean you say it’s not alright to hate any race but is it alright to hate at all? I mean is it alright to hate gay people, or fat people?

What about hating people but not a specific race? I mean you say it’s not alright to hate any race but is it alright to hate at all? I mean is it alright to hate gay people, or fat people?

That would be based on your own judgement. I can say that I hate Hitler for killing thousands of Jews but you may not agree with me...and no I don't hate based on sexual orientation or physical appearance.

That would be based on your own judgement. I can say that I hate Hitler for killing thousands of Jews but you may not agree with me...and no I don't hate based on sexual orientation or physical appearance.

So you hate Hitler but do you hate Bush, or other leaders as well, or is it only because Hitler killed in the millions and not the thousands?

So you hate Hitler but do you hate Bush, or other leaders as well, or is it only because Hitler killed in the millions and not the thousands?

Bush made some stupid decisions which in turn has cost people their lives...sounds more like an understatement but eh...Hitler deliberately sent Jews to be exterminated. Hate is such a strong word...how about "dislike". :rolleyes:

oiram: I mean is it alright to hate gay people, or fat people?

If you're of a minority, and fat, even your own mother will give you a hard time. FAT is the ultimate prejudice/hatred. Nowhere else can you find that kind of familial animosity.

Hitler deliberately sent Jews to be exterminated. Hate is such a strong word...how about "dislike". :rolleyes:

was hitler that much more brainwashed than the devout followers of any ideology? sure he had lots of people killed, but did he revel in their suffering? to what extent was he motivated by patriotism, achieving levels of power etc., which are not necessarily evil qualities. he convinced a whole nation to fight his war, i know not everyone agreed but he still convinced a lot of people.

I have no doubts that he was great influence among his followers. He may have been a brillant man but used his power to destroy another race. I can't say that I support him for taking innocent people's lives.

I bet a lot of fathers would rather have a fat son than a gay son

thats sad but probably true. Know i would rather have a gay son because fat leads to health problems, gay is no different than having a boy vs a girl.

Gag. I hated Ave. Q when I saw it in Vegas in '06. Sure it hasn't changed at all in the past 5 years.

~String

Its a Tony award winner!:mad:

I loved it. But I saw it in London at the West End.

I thought they had a point with everybody being a little bit racist.

Gays are human beings, too, so it's no surprise that there are gay racists.

Still, though, I find the juxtaposition of an oppressed community fighting for equality with a community fighting for inequality absolutely incongruent.

Contradictory? Yes. Ironic? Sadly so.
Well, Tiassa said it right: being on the end of some discrimination tends to make someone a bit more sensitive to the issue of others' discrimination.

They just don't value both issues the same way. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Someone may be gay and at the same time regard other races as inferior. Its not because they are both fighting for their rights that they necessarily have to back each other up. They may very well be against each other.

I mean, just look at Gandhi... he thought blacks were sub-human. :bugeye:

Its a Tony award winner!:mad:

Have you seen who they award those things to? "Shrek" has been nominated. "Cats" actually won. Did you ever see that suicide-inducing-because-it's-so-long-and-borrrring musical? Huh? Did'ja?

I hope not.

Note: I also hated "Rent." There. I said it. Sue me.

"Five hundred, sixty-nine-trillion, nine-hundred hours... how do you measure, measure this musical. In missed life? In time wasted? In boredom like sitting through Catholic mass...."

I loved it. But I saw it in London at the West End.

I thought they had a point with everybody being a little bit racist.

Well, it made some good points but I just didn't like it. Though, I used to hang with a troupe of gay guys who gushed about musicals which never impressed me.

Also, what's good in Vegas anyway?

Lots. I don't gamble, so I go for the shows and night-clubs. "Cirque du Soleil", "Stomp" and "Blue Man Group" there and they were all amazing (esp. Cirque).

And, yeah, I snuck off and saw Madonna & Margaret Cho there too. Also very good.

~String

I think just because someone faces discrimination and oppression doesn't always stop them discriminating or oppressing. Misandrists calling themselves feminists hold discriminatory views about men. I find that sadly ironic. Black men holding discriminatory views about gay men or women happens. I can't say all feminists hate men, because I don't. I can't say all black people hate gays, because they don't. But what this illustrates is that hatred based on a set of factors does not come from people who have no discrimination to face. Everyone does (have to face it in some way), and most people do not use that to open their own mind and see intolerance they face as a force to clean out the cupboards of their own misguided hatred, it fuels the fire of anger at being opressed in some way and directs it at another group. That being said, "all gays, all black people, all muslims all women indeed all <insert any oppressed group here>" could use what they face to open up an understanding and empathy with others who face it.

Back