Race is Real?

Why Is Charles Murray Odious?

"People who see Charles Murray being violently hounded off college campuses might wonder what the fuss is about, and why left-wing protesters become so viscerally angry with Murray rather than dealing with his arguments. But while I am strongly opposed to the tactic of shutting down speakers on campus, it’s important to realize that the rage at Charles Murray is entirely justified. For it can be very easily proven that Murray is a man with a strong racial bias against black people, insofar as he fails to respect them as equal human beings and believes them to be, on average, inferior to white people in matters of intelligence, creativity, and inherent human worth. Any serious inquiry into Charles Murray’s actual body of work must conclude that, if Murray is not a racist, the word “racist” is empty of meaning. I do not necessarily believe Charles Murray thinks he is a racist. But I do believe that a fair review of the evidence must necessarily lead to the conclusion that he is one. Efforts to keep him from speaking on college campuses are, while in my opinion wrong both in principle and strategically, are entirely understandable. For Murray’s intellectual project does involve passing off bigotry as neutral scholarship, and people who worry about “legitimizing” prejudice by giving it a platform should very much be worried about giving Charles Murray a platform."

Rage should be turned into calm thinking .

Is this not the evidence of the disappearence of the freedom of thought , expression of ideas .

It seems to me that in this day and age there is a difficulty with handling different ideas .

Hence we tend to shut down voices of disagreement .

Our ego's have become soft , we have become fragile in thinking that is opposed to our thinking .

Idea's have become controlled .

Last edited:
The article makes the case that this isn't simple disagreement over a point of sociology, his work is the product of bigoted assumptions, namely, that racism and the history of blacks in the Americas isn't at all significant to the differences we see in IQ scores.

The article makes the case that this isn't simple disagreement over a point of sociology, his work is the product of bigoted assumptions, namely, that racism and the history of blacks in the Americas isn't at all significant to the differences we see in IQ scores.

True

It seems to me that in this day and age there is a difficulty with handling different ideas .

Hence we tend to shut down voices of disagreement .
Murray's ideas are not different, and not difficult to handle in isolation from their political support. They are familiar, common, easily rebutted and often rebutted, and quite thoroughly objectionable in all respects.

Ands in places like the US, they have a political base - a large political faction gains advantage by their justification.

When not politically and publicly opposed, when not politically countered and blocked and refused support and dismissed from discussion, they take over and cause great sufferings and harms.

Or as the guy said - evil only requires the good to do nothing.

Murray's ideas are not different, and not difficult to handle in isolation from their political support. They are familiar, common, easily rebutted and often rebutted, and quite thoroughly objectionable in all respects.

Ands in places like the US, they have a political base - a large political faction gains advantage by their justification.

When not politically and publicly opposed, when not politically countered and blocked and refused support and dismissed from discussion, they take over and cause great sufferings and harms.

Or as the guy said - evil only requires the good to do nothing.

Has though the good done nothing , nothing at all ?

I evolve every year , before my skin was tight , Now my skin on my hands is loose. my hare is gray, I believe if I would impregnate a female , chances are the offspring would be less healthy than if would impregnate been in the 30 years old , Some changes have taken place in my DNA.

I evolve every year , before my skin was tight , Now my skin on my hands is loose. my hare is gray, I believe if I would impregnate a female , chances are the offspring would be less healthy than if would impregnate been in the 30 years old , Some changes have taken place in my DNA.
That is not evolution, that is aging.

What about if in a second and third generation in the family grow 6 finger on each hand ?
Inbreeding or birth deformities..

Unless of course you can think of a reason as to why a 6th finger is evolutionary beneficial or viable.

Inbreeding or birth deformities..

Unless of course you can think of a reason as to why a 6th finger is evolutionary beneficial or viable.

For some situation is beneficial, for odder situation might not be beneficial. Nature does not think , people think. Who said six fingers is a deformity, perhaps five finger is a deformity in comparison to avians.

That is irrelevant. The answer to your original post is still - aging is not evolution.

This is an arbitrary choice to name what evolution means . Since according the word "evolution " changes genetica have to take place . According assignment evolution is a process that will take millions of years .

This is an arbitrary choice to name what evolution means . Since according the word "evolution " changes genetica have to take place . According assignment evolution is a process that will take millions of years .
No actually, in science, evolution has a specific meaning. It doesn't mean changes to an individual organism over its lifetime.

Back