Race-based vitamins

firecross said:
You've contributed pictures of white trash and suggested they depict me. Do you consider that valuable in any way?

White trash? There's no such thing, the White race is perfect. :m:

firecross said:
You've contributed pictures of white trash and suggested they depict me. Do you consider that valuable in any way?
If you know how to place large photos here, I would like to see your avatar in lager size. If you show it, and it is you, Herc must "eat crow" and that is a rare event as he is usually right.

PS - What vitamins do you take? (I want to give my wife some.)

firecross said:
The GenSpec brand of dietary supplements, proclaimed to be the "first genetically specific product line," aims distinct products at blacks, whites and Hispanics, and at men and women within each group.

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20060412/NEWS/104120037/-1/rss01

OMFG... you mean the races are physically, physiologically, biologically, inherently different?

Must go reconstruct world view. In solitude. With television. Television, tell me pleasant lies.

QuarkMoon said:
White trash? There's no such thing, the White race is perfect. :m:

Most hardcore racists are also eugenicists and would violently disagree with that statement.

I'm a nationalist and a hardcore eugenicist, and for me the major reason outside of environmental importance for isolating the white races is to cut out the losers in our midst.

An average IQ of 103 is pathetic, really.

The GenSpec brand of dietary supplements, proclaimed to be the "first genetically specific product line," aims distinct products at blacks, whites and Hispanics, and at men and women within each group.

Maybe instead of focusing on the physical differences of the races (like skin color) to formulate their supplements, they should look at the historic diets of those races. For example, why not give blacks the dietary suplements that would have been found in the food that they have consumed for tens of thousands of years in Africa? It could be that the higher rates of certain diseases in blacks in the US is the result of them having to eat a North American/European diet. Maybe one of the secrets to good health is making sure that a person's actual diet is as close to their genetic diet as possible.

That’s more or less what was done. The differing requirements for vitamins between people of different ethnic backgrounds, and the formulation of targeted vitamin supplements to account for that, have been based on biochemistry and metabolic factors, not skin color.

Hercules Rockefeller,

The differing requirements for vitamins between people of different ethnic backgrounds, and the formulation of targeted vitamin supplements to account for that, have been based on biochemistry and metabolic factors, not skin color.

I'm just saying that the requirements should be based more on geographic factors, rather than biochemical or metabolic factors.

Prosoothus said:
I'm just saying that the requirements should be based more on geographic factors, rather than biochemical or metabolic factors.

You rather select on the environment than the actual genetic adaptation? I cannot see the advantage.

You rather select on the environment than the actual genetic adaptation? I cannot see the advantage.

Your assuming that there has been genetic adaptation to the new environment. The change to the new environment was sudden, and genetics can't keep up.

If there is no adaptation to a particular environment you also don't have to adjust to the diet for that environment by adding supplements.

If the environment changes, then the diet changes. Is there a reason for you to assume that the new diet would be just as beneficial as the diet that the body is genetically used to?

I have no clue what you want. You go on about environment while Hercules already made it clear that the supplements are based on genetic qualities that are translated in metabolic properties. Properties that might once have been shaped by a certain environment. But you have no clue what that environment might be. But we do have a clue on how to analyze metabolic properties and compare how they might fit with a new diet.

Your environment as a selective tool is just random. You have no clue what the proper environment is until you make an analysis of metabolic properties.

spuriousmonkey,

Your environment as a selective tool is just random. You have no clue what the proper environment is until you make an analysis of metabolic properties.

I haven't got the time to respond to your post in full since I have to go to work. Let me just say that scientists know in which geographic areas, and for how long, certain groups of people lived. They also know the kinds of plants and animals that were found in these areas, and can conclude from this knowledge, and additional evidence, what the people in those areas have eaten while they lived there. There is no need to do an analysis of metabolic properties to determine a groups nutritional requirements. The knowledge of their past diets, and the duration of each of those diets, should be sufficient to determine the amount of each nutrient required for optimum health of an idividual of that group.

Back