Quotes to remember

well
almost
we get our water from a well drilled into the Devonian aquifer.
The recharge is in northwest Iowa
as/per the usgs flow estimates, we are drinking water that is many thousands of years old (perhaps up to 200kyrs).
drinking water that is many thousands of years old

Speaking of which there's a water bottling company which claims its water is thousands of years old

Printed on the bottle is an expiry date

When questioned about this the reply was

Date refers to the bottle

:)

drinking water that is many thousands of years old

Speaking of which there's a water bottling company which claims its water is thousands of years old

Printed on the bottle is an expiry date

When questioned about this the reply was

Date refers to the bottle

Glass or plastic?

OK
personal preference
If it comes in a plastic bottle. I don't buy it
I prefer glass
and with a cork---(if possible---not a deal breaker)
Only see a few glass bottles in Supermarket here

The supermarket water version 1.25L is 80c

The smaller sports water version with the squirt it in mouth top is $1:45

Weird part about that is the squirt it in mouth top was produced for sports, as I understand, to squirt the energy fluid into the mouth to avoid contact with teeth

The energy minerals were damaging teeth. Squirt it in mouth top not needed for water :)

Supermarket version softdrink 1.25L is $1. So I pay extra 20c for the flavour :)

Weird world all around

“My joys here are great, because they are very simple and spring from the everlasting elements: the pure air, the sun, the sea and the wheaten loaf.”
― Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

''You are a wonderful creation. You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.'' - Oscar Wilde The Picture of Dorian Gray

Reactions: C C
“I regret that I didn’t realize that actually they’ve got no power over you at school — it’s all just a trick to indoctrinate you into being a conditioned, tame, placid citizen. Rebel, children, I urge you, fight the turgid slick of conformity with which they seek to smother your glory.”
― Russell Brand, My Booky Wook

"Almost everyone has a way of communing with something greater than themselves, whether it's walking in nature or singing in a choir... Whatever gives you a sense of trust in the universe is important to honor.”
― Helen S. Rosenau

“It stands to reason that anyone who learns to live well will die well. The skills are the same: being present in the moment, and humble, and brave, and keeping a sense of humor. ”
― Victoria Moran, Younger by the Day: 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit

“Laughter connects you with people. It’s almost impossible to maintain any kind of distance or any sense of social hierarchy when you’re just howling with laughter.” --John Cleese

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit”
― E.E. Cummings

“We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange. As often as not, we are homesick most for the places we have never known.”
― Carson McCullers

Last edited:
“...now I know my capacity for awe
is infinite: this thirst is permanent,
the well bottomless, my good fortune vast.”
― Elizabeth Alexander

"The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees." --Erwin Schrödinger

“Out of the void and vastness of the cosmos, life emerges; audacious, improbable. You and I are here. No other miracle is needed.”
― John Mark Green

Back