Quotes to remember

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”
― Richard Feynman

134be369dc0c3c9081e4a6acfa22c416.jpg

Last edited:
“As time moves on the line will blur. It will no longer seem to be the simplicity of good versus evil, but good versus fools who think they are good.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.”
― Gilda Radner

3662.jpg

Last edited:
The longer I live, the more I am inclined to the belief that this earth is used by other planets as a lunatic asylum.

George Bernard Shaw

:)

and this was supposed to be a confidence builder?

John Glenn watching an Atlas launch when the booster exploded

:)

“Confront a corpse at least once. The absolute absence of life is the most disturbing and challenging confrontation you will ever have.”
― David Bowie

"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment nothing can fail. Without it nothing can succeed. He who molds opinion is greater than he who enacts laws."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter."
~ Rachel Carson

safe_image.php

Last edited:
“As a young man I was scornful about the supernatural but as I have gotten older, the sharp line that divided the credible from the incredible has tended to blur; I am aware that the whole world is slightly incredible”
― Colin Wilson

“All religions, nearly all philosophies, and even a part of science testify to the unwearying, heroic effort of mankind desperately denying its contingency.”
― Jacques Monod, Chance and Necessity: An Essay on the Natural Philosophy of Modern Biology

“Riding on the streets of loneliness
I drift on roads that take me
on unknown paths
I have become the wanderer again
in search of an ineffable nothingness...”
― Avijeet Das

186133122_1275236429579902_1349471515611584763_n.jpg

Nasadiya Sukta (Hymn of non-Eternity, origin of universe):
There was neither non-existence nor existence then;
Neither the realm of space, nor the sky which is beyond;
What stirred? Where? In whose protection?

There was neither death nor immortality then;
No distinguishing sign of night nor of day;
That One breathed, windless, by its own impulse;
Other than that there was nothing beyond.

Darkness there was at first, by darkness hidden;
Without distinctive marks, this all was water;
That which, becoming, by the void was covered;
That One by force of heat came into being;

Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
Gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?

Whether God's will created it, or whether He was mute;
Perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not;
Only He who is its overseer in highest heaven knows,

Only He knows, or perhaps He does not know.
Rigveda 10.129 abridged

"Earth is a place where language has literally become alive. Language has infested matter; it is replicating and defining and building itself. And it is in us."----Terence McKenna

"Earth is a place where language has literally become alive. Language has infested matter; it is replicating and defining and building itself. And it is in us."----Terence McKenna
ah language

language offers us a misshapen shadow of a shadow of our perceptions of reality

if one would seek knowledge language is a tolerable beginners tool

beyond that...............................................................................???

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. Khalil Gibran

“Quantum theory provides us with a striking illustration of the fact that we can fully understand a connection though we can only speak of it in images and parables.”
― Werner Heisenberg

“Sleep that knits up the raveled sleave of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labor's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.”
― William Shakespeare, Macbeth

il_794xN.2013517858_j2q6.jpg

Back