Quotes to remember

“And then, a strangely comforting thought trickled through me—I had nothing, so I could do anything now. Anything I wanted. I had nothing left to lose.”
― Rachel Ward, Numbers

QKjcD7A.jpeg

"A diamond of a morning
Waked me an hour too soon:
Dawn had taken in the stars
And left the faint white moon.

O white moon, you are lonely,
It is the same with me.
But we have the world to roam over,
Only the lonely are free."

Sara Teasdale

KLadJvB.jpeg

“I think by the time you're grown you're as happy as you're goin to be. You'll have good times and bad times, but in the end you'll be about as happy as you was before. Or as unhappy. I've knowed people that just never did get the hang of it."― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

PbUjIXa.jpeg

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

zjJ5DMS.jpeg

“I think that my job is to observe people and the world, and not to judge them. I always hope to position myself away from so-called conclusions. I would like to leave everything wide open to all the possibilities in the world.”
― Haruki Murakami

“It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want—oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”
― Mark Twain

WrKCaqm.jpeg

“There’s something wonderful about drinking in the afternoon. A not-too-cold pint, absolutely alone at the bar – even in this fake-ass Irish pub.”
— Anthony Bourdain

CQjbepw.jpeg

Last edited:
“The magic of words is that they have power to do more than convey meaning; not only do they have the power to make things clear, they make things happen.”— Frederick Buechner

“He had been bored, that's all, bored like most people. Hence he had made himself out of whole cloth a life full of complications and drama. Something must happen - and that explains most human commitments. Something must happen, even loveless slavery, even war or death. Hurray then for funerals!”
― Albert Camus, The Fall

eU3vZV7.jpeg

“Death was an inverse Big Bang; an impossible magic trick where everything had become nothing in the very same instant, where one state had been replaced so completely by another that no evidence of the first could be detected, and where the catalyst had been vaporized by the sheer shock of the new.”
― Belinda Bauer, Rubbernecker

“The great paradox of the brain is that everything you know about the world is provided to you by an organ that has itself never seen that world. The brain exists in silence and darkness, like a dungeoned prisoner. It has no pain receptors, literally no feelings. It has never felt warm sunshine or a soft breeze. To your brain, the world is just a stream of electrical pulses, like taps of Morse code. And out of this bare and neutral information it creates for you—quite literally creates—a vibrant, three-dimensional, sensually engaging universe. Your brain is you. Everything else is just plumbing and scaffolding.”
― Bill Bryson, The Body: A Guide for Occupants

“I don't trust anyone that hasn't been to jail at least once in their life. You should have been, or something's the matter with you.”
—John Waters

“And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves.”
― Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

dc9gi7T.jpeg

"I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion -- against a stagnant status quo, against our hypocritical houses of God, against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas."
~Johnny Cash

nEf446T.jpeg

“Why are we afraid of the silence that ensues after our death? Wasn’t it the same silence we endured before birth? Isn’t it the same silence we revel in when we are completely immersed in the present moment? Let us not be afraid.”
― Kamand Kojouri

g2jBAwZ.jpeg

Back