Quotes to remember

“Anger ... it's a paralyzing emotion ... you can't get anything done. People sort of think it's an interesting, passionate, and igniting feeling — I don't think it's any of that — it's helpless ... it's absence of control — and I need all of my skills, all of the control, all of my powers ... and anger doesn't provide any of that — I have no use for it whatsoever."----[Interview with CBS radio host Don Swaim, September 15, 1987.]”

“We enter solitude, in which also we lose loneliness…True solitude is found in the wild places, where one is without human obligation. One’s inner voices become audible. One feels the attraction of one’s most intimate sources."---Wendell Berry

x1AgcPd.jpg

“Every man with a little leisure and enough money for railway tickets, every man, indeed, who knows how to read, has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.”
― Aldous Huxley, Jesting Pilate

HNOXBO6.jpg

"We got so much food in America we're allergic to food. Allergic to food! Hungry people ain't allergic to shit. You think anyone in Rwanda's got a fucking lactose intolerance?!”
― Chris Rock

MpQ5AYw.jpeg

Reactions: C C
“The library, Janet used to say, is one of only a few places in the world that one doesn’t need to believe anything or buy anything to come inside.” - The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth

eGzCArb.jpeg

“Empathy has no script. There is no right way or wrong way to do it. It's simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of 'You're not alone'.”
― Brené Brown

fyuh8yc.jpeg

“We were all born by accident but this wandering caravan
will make camp in perfection
Forget the nonsense categories of there and here, race, nation, religion, starting point and destination
You are soul, and you are love,...
No more questions now as to what it is we're doing here”
― Coleman Barks

TonQZFP.jpeg

“Whenever we proceed from the known into the unknown we may hope to understand, but we may have to learn at the same time a new meaning of the word 'understanding.”
― Werner Karl Heisenberg, Physics and Philosophy: The Revolution in Modern Science

"Each of you possesses the most powerful, dangerous and subversive trait that natural selection has ever devised. It's a piece of neural audio technology for rewiring other people's minds. I'm talking about your language."----Mark Pagel

“You don't necessarily have to write to be a poet. Some people work in gas stations and they're poets. I don't call myself a poet, because I don't like the word. I'm a trapeze artist.”
― Bob Dylan

O5f4rfw.jpeg

“I was surfing the Internet for a different sort of education. I surfed for photos of circus freaks and synonyms for the word intercourse and for answers to why staring at the stars in the evening tore my heart with longing.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

We are recycled star stuff. We are what minerals and water and gravity do after a star explodes. We are an ephemeral glint on the face of a near infinite and star-strewn abyss.

WfqI9OE.jpeg

“We still carry within us, in a small warm spot, the idea of home. Home as a safe place, a loving place and a creative place. Place of comfort and privacy. Place where we can explore our inner life."
― Louisa Thomsen Brits, The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Living Well

IHQT7Np.jpeg

“But when first the two black dragons sprang out of the fog upon the small clerk, they had merely the effect of all miracles – they changed the universe. He discovered the fact that all romantics know – that adventures happen on dull days, and not on sunny ones. When the cord of monotony is stretched most tight, it breaks with a sound like song.”
― G. K. Chesterton

O6mp2UT.jpeg

“I hope you will find the cracks in the world and wedge them wider, so the light of other suns shines through; I hope you will keep the world unruly, messy, full of strange magics; I hope you will run through every open Door and tell stories when you return.”
― Alix E. Harrow, The Ten Thousand Doors of January

“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”
― Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy

FZ98Y9h.jpeg

“If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal—that is your success.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden

mfTk60n.jpeg

“Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it”
― Flannery O' Connor, Wise Blood

ZKZEmVC.jpeg

Back