Public Executions - Wrong or Right?

I think it would be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darksidZz

Valued Senior Member
This question is for anyone that has given thought to criminals and those involved with our prison system. If we could actually make money by televising executions would this be morally unjust? What about the fact we could profit off the deaths and put this cash back into the prisons, hopefully to make them more secure or safe. Would you accept a channel specifically for this? Would you picket against such a thing? Where do you stand and why?

I don't think the public should necessarily view executions, but I think criminals should be REQUIRED to watch them!

Baron Max

Not only are they moral, they are praiseworthy.

All criminals sentenced to execution ought to be publically executed, naked, through scourging/caning unto death.

Not only are they moral, they are praiseworthy.

All criminals sentenced to execution ought to be publically executed, naked, through scourging/caning unto death.
That makes you like the Taliban, Iran's fundies and Saddam. Odd how the most self righteous are most similar to those they condemn most.

That makes you like the Taliban, Iran's fundies and Saddam. Odd how the most self righteous are most similar to those they condemn most.
Even the Taliban is right sometimes. And execution is the only just punishment for murder. Anything else is a slap on the wrist.

Wrong, but not true that only crazies would watch.

Public executions were family entertainment in the middle ages.

James R.:

And would be awesome entertainment today!

Genji:

As Madanthonywayne said, the Taliban can be right on one or two things and not be exonerated for everything else.

Publics are even worse.

No, that is incorrect logic. Here is the correct one:

1. If executions are wrong
AND
2. If public showing of people's suffering is wrong.
AND
3. 2 wrongs make a right
THEN
4. Public executions are RIGHT!

James R.:

Of innocent people? Certainly not. I find that revolting. However, I find the death of evil men to be quite wonderful to see. The satisfaction of justice in action.

Baron Max:

It'd fix social security with its funds, that's for sure.

No, that is incorrect logic. Here is the correct one:

1. If executions are wrong
AND
2. If public showing of people's suffering is wrong.
AND
3. 2 wrongs make a right
THEN
4. Public executions are RIGHT!

Marvelous. You outdid yourself there.:)

James R.:

Only if that religion is Thugee Kali worship. Most religions frown on the good stuff.

Baron Max:

Good question.

Huh? So you like evil men? You want to keep them within the midst of society? Why?

I don't believe in the religious concept of "evil" or "acts of Satan" or whatever.

Back