Psychological Issues Regarding Homosexuals as a Disliked Minority

Originally posted by sparkle
Another point I find lacking is the focus on the psychological side of being homosexual.

The best way that I could answer this is to remind you that it was only a 101 level class, and not a masters thesis. The paper had already ran quite a bit longer than it was strictly supposed to be, and my origional goal was just to hit a few key points and give a general feel for the topic to my instructor, who, coming from a nation which aparently simply does not deal with the topic at all. That doesn't exactly explain every little problem you may have with this paper, and I hate to bring up that I acctualy sat down and wrote most of it very late at night about two days before it was due, but that's another factor :p

Sorry, I am from a nation without 101 classes. Please explain what it was supposed to be.

Oh, it's just a standard thing in most universities (um well most American universities I suppose) which denotes a base level course, usually the first level of more complicated subjects, which require multiple classes all on the exact same subject.

I mean if you care for someone's wellbeing, you don't really want to change them - and you certainly don't hate them. [/B][/QUOTE]

?
On the contrary, if you truly care about someone, then you will change them if you know for a fact it will benefit them.
I cared about my girlfriends health, so I fully explained to her the consequences and wished for her to be healthy.
She quit.

Well Squashbuckler, there is a difference in changing a person and changing the way he/she behaves. You can persuade someone to quit doing the wrong things like you rightly did (behaving), but you cannot change him/her, say, from a melancholic to a choleric. You can try to persuade a homosexual to behave in another way, but you can/shall not try to change him to straight.

Back