Proof in one word?!

Ozymandias said:
audible, wouldn't this just confirm the priest's conviction? What other nations that have been through as much strife as Israel have been so extensively researched and documented? It is up to you to provide this evidence! Otherwise, the priest can assume that it was in God's divine plan to have this group of people be as tough as they were in the face of their problems.
you can assume anything you want, but without facts to back it up it is just that an assumption. therefore it can be refuted.
it is for enigma07 to provide evidence not I, I make no such assumptions.

ISRAEL, ZION OUR HOME {SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING}
Psalm 125:1:
They that trust in the LORD [shall be] as mount Zion, [which] cannot be removed, [but] abideth for ever.

Joeman said:
OT is the greatest fiction on earth.
Funny story:
On sb.com, I started a Yahweh v.s the Entire Norse Pantheon thread. There was a twist, that no one payed attention to: it's a barfight, and every diety present was inebriated, i.e drunk as hell.
someone on the thread stated that "I thought fanfiction didn't count as canon in VS debates?" in reference to the two testaments.
I thought it incredibly funny, but some didn't. :rolleyes:
Like I've said before: spacebattles is crazy.

Brutus1964 said:
I think what Enigma is trying to say is the fact that the state of Israel was able to be created and has managed to survive so many attacks has been a miracle unto itself. It must have taken some kind of divine hand to have allowed Israel to survive. Either that or the Israelis are the luckiest people ever.
If we must answer this with any answer, I'd opt for the latter. But is it really so amazing that Israel is still there?

And what does it prove? That God exists? Well, then wouldn't that be the Jewish God, and not the God of any other Judeo-Christian religion? Israel is a Jewish state, right? Remember that the Jewish religion doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah, so I don't see a reason why a Christian God would be favoring Israel. I know some Christians would protest to the idea that the Jewish God is the God.

... Then again, I don't know why I'm paying any mind to that, since Israel's continued existence doesn't really prove anything.

Brutus1964 said:
I think what Enigma is trying to say is the fact that the state of Israel was able to be created and has managed to survive so many attacks has been a miracle unto itself. It must have taken some kind of divine hand to have allowed Israel to survive. Either that or the Israelis are the luckiest people ever.
Why do people insist on ascribing to a deity what is merely a matter of odds?

Enigma'07 said:
Let me explain. There was once this king guy and he asked his head priest guy to give him proof of a god in one word. The priest said Israel. Does this make sense to anyone?

This only proves Christianity is not true. What do the Jews say about Christianity? They say it's not true.

Enigma'07 said:
Let me explain. There was once this king guy and he asked his head priest guy to give him proof of a god in one word. The priest said Israel. Does this make sense to anyone?

Makes alot of sense to someone that knows bible prophecy.
In order for the prophecies about the end times to come true, Israel must be a nation state again, and occupying Jerusalem.
Dan. chap 9
70 x 7 year periods of punishment on Isreal for their sins were to happen before the end of the world. 69 of those 7 year periods happened as the Jews were a nation occupying Jerusalem and were oppressed by the Pershians, Greeks and Romans. After the 69 periods, Jesus the Messiah came and they had Him killed. Because they did that, and did not recognize the Messiah, the Jews were scattered out of their land and it was in desolation until the Jews came back into their land in 1948, and regained contol of Jerusalem 1967. Now that they are back in their land 2 major prophecies about the end times can come true.
Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39, the next prophecy to come true. Large armies of Russian, European and middle eastern countries are going to unite to attack Israel, and God is going to give Israel the victory to prove to the heathen that the God of Israel is the true God and that Israel was only desolate as punishment, but now it is brought back as a nation.

And the other great prophecy is the fulfiling of the final 7 years of punishment on Israel, from the Dan. 9 prophecy. All of the world is going to be punished along with it. That is the final 7 years called the tribulation period leading to the end when Jesus and an army of angels (probably ufo aliens) are going to come back and take over the world by force at armageddon.

Israel had to be back as a nation and occupying Jerusalem for these prophecies to happen. Well, it is back as a nation.

Daniel 9:
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Details of the next prophecy to be fulfilled Ezek. chapters 38, 39

These are the names given in the prophecy:

Ezekiel 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Ezekiel 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Ezekiel 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Gog is russian leader magog is Russia. Meshech is a root word for Moscow. It will be the Russsian leader in the position that Vladmir Putin is now in.
The biblical persia is Iran and Iraq together. Gomer represents Germany or France.
It says this is to happen in the latter years, which is the time close to the end. Now can be considered the latter years, because Israel is a nation again.
Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
Sheba and Dedan, which are Jordan and Saudi Arabia, are going to question this army when they come toward Israel.

Those names are names of people mentioned in the geneology in the bible. The lands where they lived are named after them, that is how bible scholars know what lands are being referred to . The old persian kingdom was on the land of Iran and Iraq together. Verse 38:7, shows that Russia is going to be like a guard to the armies of all of those smaller nations.

Back