Proof in one word?!

Let me explain. There was once this king guy and he asked his head priest guy to give him proof of a god in one word. The priest said Israel. Does this make sense to anyone?

Merely because a geographic location exists does not prove that a god exists. It merely points to:
a) tectonic shifting.
b) zionism -modern-

Hapsburg, I doubt that it was Israel's geographical location that made it a proof of God's existence for this priest.

Ozymandias said:
Hapsburg, I doubt that it was Israel's geographical location that made it a proof of God's existence for this priest.
Okay.
Still, how does the existance of an nation-state (also, modern nation-state) prove the existance of a deity of some kind?

Hapsburg, I don't know what the priest is trying to get at by providing "Israel" as his one-word proof of God, but I would guess that it had something to do with the nature of Israel and its populace at the time.

Then again, maybe its prolonged existence after so much strife (as detailed in the stories of the OT) was reason enough to believe in the existence of some God helping them along?

I would like more information on where the thread starter heard this story, so as to look into it a bit better.

..or it's prolonged existance could just be the result of a hardy peoples that happen to be very good warriors?
Could that have something to do with israel existing for such a while (before civil strife), and also leading to thier modern-day existance? Possibly?
Rationalism (aka intelligence) >>>>>>>>>> Superstition (aka religion)

Originally posted by Enigma'07

"Let me explain. There was once this king guy and he asked his head priest guy to give him proof of a god in one word. The priest said Israel. Does this make sense to anyone?"

Now I know why you are called Enigma......... Are you trying to make us go in circles? What do you want by that question? :confused:

Salam.

I think what Enigma is trying to say is the fact that the state of Israel was able to be created and has managed to survive so many attacks has been a miracle unto itself. It must have taken some kind of divine hand to have allowed Israel to survive. Either that or the Israelis are the luckiest people ever.

let me clarify again, the people group. no people group has ever lasted as long as they have, and look at all the persecution they've been through.

Enigma'07 said:
let me clarify again, the people group. no people group has ever lasted as long as they have, and look at all the persecution they've been through.
have you some evidence to back this assumption up.
and what of all the countless, nations or peoples, who have been persecuted or exterminated, which have not been documented as much as the jewish/isrealis, over the centurys eons etc.
man has been on this planet for very long time not just a couple of weeks,you are making more of it then it is.
before you can make such a statement you must first have looked at every other nation history (ancient or modern nations). and too show comparisons.
I would very much like to see these.

Still, Enigma, I would like to know where you heard this story. If it were somehow true, it must have made some sense to the Priest, or he wouldn't have said it. Why did he think this was at all coherent?

This is the same as saying a God exists simply because your grandfather lived to be 100 years old while in a maximum security prison. That's great, but it doesn't mean a God exists, it simply says that your grandfather was a so-called "hardy" person, or at least a very lucky one.

audible said:
and what of all the countless, nations or peoples, who have been persecuted or exterminated, which have not been documented as much as the jewish/isrealis, over the centurys eons etc.

audible, wouldn't this just confirm the priest's conviction? What other nations that have been through as much strife as Israel have been so extensively researched and documented? It is up to you to provide this evidence! Otherwise, the priest can assume that it was in God's divine plan to have this group of people be as tough as they were in the face of their problems.

Anyone has the right to assume anything, no matter how delusional they are.

Ozymandias said:
Then again, maybe its prolonged existence after so much strife (as detailed in the stories of the OT) was reason enough to believe in the existence of some God helping them along?

OT is the greatest fiction on earth.

Back