POLL: What is your guestimate of the percentage of crazy peoples.

What percentage of the populous has a diagnosable mental disorder/disease/condition?

• 80 - 100 %

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 60 - 79%

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 40 - 59%

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 20 - 39%

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 0-19%

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

wesmorris

Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N
Valued Senior Member
I'm curious. What percentage of the population do you guess would be diagnosed by 4/5 pertinent experts as host to some type of mental disorder? Yes, all disorders listed in that one medical book where they list the diseases. Yes, those that deal with brain stuff, depression, ADHD, blah blah... etc.

My guess is 80% +/- 20%.

its said that EVERYONE goes threw some form of depression in there life just to START

They say that 1 in 3 suffer some sort of Anxiety state at sometime in their lives.
Actually, I take exception to the term "crazy". I know it's an American term, but it's very offensive especially in todays world where destigmatisation of Mental Illness is paramount.
The WHO issued a statement back in 2000 saying that Anxiety disorders will be the single biggest health problem by 2020.

My guess is that maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 have a semi-permanent mental condition of some kind. A higher proportion of people will suffer a temporary mental illness at some time in their life.

It's anybody's guess whether people who are just a little strange or eccentric are actually mentally ill or not. It's a matter of definitions. And let's face it: pretty much everybody is a little strange in one way or another.

Everyone is crazy in some way. All those Jimmy Punch-Clocks out there who register as perfectly normal but spend their lives being cogs in a society that does nothing for them, they're all crazy.

Adam,
That's true - I think it's crazy to be in a job that you don't like.
Anyway, if you read the DSM, everyone can make symptoms fit to a degree I s'pose.
And I think things are only considered a disorder when they start to affect you or others around you.
That mass shooter in Aus a few years back was given the all- clear from any disorder I believe.
Mind you, he would be one of the few. Hehe! ;)

EVERYONE is crazy except for MEEEEE!!! BuahaHAHAHHAaha!! But some of us just know how to hide it better...*hisses with laughter*

Anyway.

First, you will have to define "craziness". Since none of us are normal, there is no standard, therefore we are all nuts. Thank you.

:)

Originally posted by Adam
Everyone is crazy in some way. All those Jimmy Punch-Clocks out there who register as perfectly normal but spend their lives being cogs in a society that does nothing for them, they're all crazy.

What if you like your job? I love my job. I get paid to think. Now THAT's crazy. :)

Physical Awnser:
The number of the world population that is completely free from all hendrences, mental or physical, is 3% of the World Population.
Thats' 120,000,000 100% Normal people.

The United States of America has a Normal population of about 7,500,000 people out of 260,000,000 person marred.
Given the facts of the 7,500,000 people a given number of them suffer from learned disfunction, meaning that they have become disfuntional in idea and thought by association with the encompassing population. i.e learn disfuntion. what percentage of the suffer from learned disfunction is unknown.

DWAYNE D.L.RABON

Because of depression, I would say at least more then 80% of the population.

PS: I don't think that's the appropriate forums wesmorris...

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
[BPS: I don't think that's the appropriate forums wesmorris... [/B]

In the immortal words of Trey Parker in the movie 'BASEketball', "Dude, you're a little bitch".

everybody is a little nuts! look what we go though everyday (work,fun and putting up with some people in this world):confused:

Originally posted by Captain_Crunch
What do u mean by crazy? mental crazy or what?
I clarified in the first post of this thread.

Squeak 'Little Bitch' Scholari.

Dude!

Right on. :)

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
I don't think that's the appropriate forums wesmorris...

You know it JUST freakin occured to me that you might have been right about the forum. Psuedoscience is a fit, but I didn't notice that it was a sub forum of sub-cultures. It is arguable that it doesn't fit there. Hehe.. I just assumed you were being a jackass to me, pardon, I might have been mistaken there.

wesmorris,

You know it JUST freakin occured to me that you might have been right about the forum. Psuedoscience is a fit, but I didn't notice that it was a sub forum of sub-cultures. It is arguable that it doesn't fit there. Hehe.. I just assumed you were being a jackass to me, pardon, I might have been mistaken there.
Don't worry... it happens all the time... ;)
Unfortunatly, I have to take a lot of insults and hurts in life because of misunderstandings and sometimes even lies against me... :(

ah, ok, i missed that. lol.

no, the correct answer would have been:
"Dude!" :D

Excellent point. "doooooood." My bad. I hate it when I miss a dude opportunity. damnit.

Back