Political correctness excuses pedophilia

I'm quite certain most of those currently doing the governing should not be doing so, that they are not fit for the task. At our current stage of development, I think democracy is a bad idea and we should have a benevolent dictatorship.

Why does Australia have legal age at 16?

Why does the US have it at 18?

US is only 18 in some states. Average age of consent here is 16, some states go as low as 14.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

I honestly don't see a problem with 15. I know that I and most kids I knew then and know now were perfectly capable of consenting at that age. So I guess I don't see a problem here.

Well ...

I live in King County, Washington. When I was a senior in high school, this allegedly civilized corner of the country ranked third nationwide for reported sexual abuse of children. (We always comforted ourselves with the word reported, if that makes any sense.)

Quite frankly, if they want to throw a fifteen year-old girl into the bed of a grotty old man she's supposed to marry anyway, I'm hard pressed to be any more upset about it than the necessity of prostitution.

For perspective: there are how many young girls being forced into their father's or uncle's or grandpa's beds in my county alone ...? I just can't muster the energy to be upset at some explotative cultural condition; after all, the lack of symptomatic conditions lends the idea that there is no exploitative culture going on around here, which is utter flaming bollocks.

Entire cultures need to chill out about sex. And I live among the chief of them.

One of the reasons we're so shocked is that we're prudish about sex. But it's part of the good ol' American tradition that the age of consent used to be 10 years of age, and that you could lie, cheat, or buy your way between a young girl's thighs.

It's all wrong. But I can't be shocked or even particularly unsettled by this kind of thing. It's small change as sex crimes go.

And while an exploitative culture may need to end, so, too, does the prudish.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

I guess we're quite different then. I don't see any such things as small change crimes, and I'm pretty sure the victims don't either. The perpetrators should all be punished with death.

Really?

So you're pro death-penalty, now?

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Sometimes. Some days yes, some days no. Seriously, I've been trying all my life, since I was like 4 or 5, to figure out this whole morality thing. And to be honest I still have more questions than answers.

get on with it adam

if you are still a soldier or going to be someone who's decisions will impact others, have a clearcut sense of where you stand on moral issues!
capriciouness is not a human quality that i would strive for

this is all of course, inmho

;)

Last edited:
In my opinion it is a mistake to settle on some clear, global view of right and wrong. It seems dangerous to me. There are some things I see as 100% wrong in all cases, but not many. I think development and advancement requires the ability to change, most importantly to change the things that matter the most, such as our principles, when need be.

Hmm, 15 years of age and 50 years of age, that doesn't sound right to me. It was a theft of her youth. I doubt it was love. How do you punish such a crime?

Back