Plastic chemical is unhealthy for children and other living things

I just drink tap water, which is some of the safest water you can get in this country. If I'm on the go I use an old army surplus canteen. Works for me.

Get a matka

Matka.jpg

Just found this link and found it interesting

he new Nalgene water bottle is made of a "copolyester" plastic manufactured by the Eastman company with the trade name Tritan. So are new bottles by Kor and Camelbak. All trumpet the fact that their bottles are BPA-free, with the implication that BPA-free is the equivalent of safe. But we have no way of knowing because the ingredients that make up Tritan have been kept secret. They could include another dangerous chemical...or not. Since the ingredients have not been identified, no one can say.

All we know about the Tritan bottles is that, like polycarbonate, they fall into the #7 category of "other" plastics in the identification system used to mark plastic containers. (The numbers appear inside a triangle of chasing arrows.) When it comes to 1 through 6, the numbers are relatively informative, but 7 is the mystery number. Here's the lowdown on each:

IOW after the last manufacturing ruckus with their BPA bottles, Nalgene et al now keep their ingredients mysterious
:bugeye:

Just found this link and found it interesting

he new Nalgene water bottle is made of a "copolyester" plastic manufactured by the Eastman company with the trade name Tritan. So are new bottles by Kor and Camelbak. All trumpet the fact that their bottles are BPA-free, with the implication that BPA-free is the equivalent of safe. But we have no way of knowing because the ingredients that make up Tritan have been kept secret. They could include another dangerous chemical...or not. Since the ingredients have not been identified, no one can say.

All we know about the Tritan bottles is that, like polycarbonate, they fall into the #7 category of "other" plastics in the identification system used to mark plastic containers. (The numbers appear inside a triangle of chasing arrows.) When it comes to 1 through 6, the numbers are relatively informative, but 7 is the mystery number. Here's the lowdown on each:

IOW after the last manufacturing ruckus with their BPA bottles, Nalgene et al now keep their ingredients mysterious
:bugeye:

Naglene is a polyethylene . For throw away container they will use the least expensive plastic material ,and PE ( polyethylene) is the low cost, The secret might be on how they make the bottle to give a strength to the bottle. or the PE might be polymerized some particular way to give a higher percent of Christianity which will give the container more rigidity.

Oh dear. Sounds like bis 2-ethyl hexyl phthalate all over again.

I really don't get why anyone would think synthetic bio-reactive substances are appropriate to use in any but stringently controlled applications.

How many times does the same thing have to happen before we stop doing this?

Originally Posted by arauca
...or the PE might be polymerized some particular way to give a higher percent of Christianity which will give the container more rigidity.

Herc, Christianity is a very rigid faith, it's only logical to use it in plastic applications where rigidity is required.
I understand auto-body manufacturers will be switching to Christian cerametal composite materials soon, so that everyone in auto wrecks will miraculously survive...

Polyethylene is a polymer, which is loosely analogous to a train composed of hundreds of separate cars linked together. Polyethylene is made using chain reaction starting with units called monomers. The monomer of polyethylene is ethylene, which is a class 3 carcinogen.

The most common way to make polyethylene is via a free radial polymerization where you use an initiator to react with ethylene. The ethylene binds with the initiator and then becomes the free radial source for the next ethylene to link into the chain, etc. Based on the concentration of initiator you can control how many polymer chains forms and the viscosity of the final plastic. More initiator makes more chains of smaller length resulting in lower viscosity. This might make it easier for extrusion fabrication.

The potential health problems are connected to residual initiator in the final product since these can still generate free radials. It is also connected to possible active ends that still exist on the polymers when ethylene funds out. The active ends can assist reversal reactions generating traces of ethylene.

Personally, I never understood the logic for carrying water around if you are not exercising and sweating. What natural animals drink even when not thirsty?This is all artificial. But then I realizes the free market needs sheep to shear. Also why people would pay 100 times the value of water if it is in a bottle. Again, free marketing is a wonderful way to lead the herd to the pen for shearing.

Sorry for the error it supposed to be more crystalline but you folks are science oriented O am sure you understood.

Polymerization of high density of polyethylene is via Ziegler-Natta cathalist . this process is not a free radical .

In the free radical there are a lot of branches in the back bone , while using Ziegler-Natta catalyst , the polymer is more linear and the polymer will have more tendency in crystallization, While crystalline material tend to be more opaque, in the processing a container ( in this case ) it will make it transparent

drinking more water to flush out the toxins. tap water in glass jug is fine. leave it in your fridge overnight to let the chlorine evaporate. You do realize the chlorine evaporates correct? This is a science forum.

Is the chlorine in Cl2 gas form or is it in some other form of chlorinated compound ? since you invoked science , so please answer in what form is it :)

Back