Plasmids

plasmid question

Are plasmids replicated by the human body, or is there still some form of a symbiotic relationship after all these years?

BTW, I watched a great Japanese movie the other night in which mitochondia waited billions of years, then took over humans to form a superior organism.

the beginning

If plasmids are not a part of human dna, then at what time are they introduced ?

Re: the beginning

Originally posted by proteome
If plasmids are not a part of human dna, then at what time are they introduced ?

when the eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell decided to go for some serious symbiosis and live together under one roof???

Re: Re: the beginning

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
when the eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell decided to go for some serious symbiosis and live together under one roof???

I had asked if plasmids were a part of the human genome, and the answer that I received, was no. I believe that means that when the genes from egg and sperm do not contain plasmids, therefore the human body must be introduced after conception.

What I am asking is...at one time do plasmids get introduced to the human cells?

do plasmids get introduced to the human cells?

yes...by way of a VECTOR, or another way of putting it is: in the action of the plasmid entering[ie. insertion] a cell, the ACTION itself is causing the plamid to become a/the vector. do you now see the difference between the words "plamsid" and "vector"? and, btw...like i said some eukaryotes do have plamids within their Dna.

Last edited:

humans don't have plasmids. The only eukaryote that i have heard that contain plasmids is a plant species, but yeast and maybe some fungi probably could be found to be plasmid containing

That movie akira was awesome. I had a hard time understanding what was going on as I was half asleep.

Back