Pediatrician faces 471 Counts of Child Rape

yea that protects the pt, not the teater. Procidure (which im annoyed everyone ELSE didnt follow) is that ONE more st john member stay as an observer so that if IM accused (by the parent) of improper conduct (which has happened by people wanting money to teachers, coachs ect) then i have more than just my own words to back it up. In this case i happened to know the mum and feel slightly better that im not going to have coppers knocking on the door in 6 months time but im still peved that when i asked for all the women to leave, one guy didnt think to actually stay

In all cases where someone is being examined intimately, a nurse or other witness is always in the room. That's to protect everyone.

In this case, evidently this doctor employed none of those practices and deceived the parents in trusting them alone with the children. Evidently the parents were naive but most people could never conceive a pediatrician would do that. Well reality is people are not always what they appear to be.

o that's about 5 patients/day x 365 days/year x 12 years = 21900 patients.
Don't forget to divide by repeat visits.

Edit - oh wait... that's 471 charges, on 102 different children. So, assuming the repeat visit rate for victims was the same as for non-victims, it still works out.

Wait more - no it doesn't, because that assumes that every visit by a victim involved an offense.

Statistics. Don't you just love it?

Last edited:
In all cases where someone is being examined intimately, a nurse or other witness is always in the room. That's to protect everyone.

In this case, evidently this doctor employed none of those practices and deceived the parents in trusting them alone with the children. Evidently the parents were naive but most people could never conceive a pediatrician would do that. Well reality is people are not always what they appear to be.

I suspect that he didn't do all those horrible things to the first time patients. Maybe he did that after the patients came back the third or fourth time (when he had gain the trust from the parents (and patients)). Some studies says that pedofiles use their charms to trick their victims to the point that they didn't realize immediately that they were victimized (especially because the victims are children).

Don't forget to divide by repeat visits.

Edit - oh wait... that's 471 counts of rape, on 102 different children. So, assuming the repeat visit rate for victims was the same as for non-victims, it still works out.

Wait more - no it doesn't, because that assumes that every visit by a victim involved an offense.

Statistics. Don't you just love it?

I didn't see your posts earlier. I assumed that, out of 21900 visits, he saw (and used) 2% chances. Being pediatrician he must have known how to gain trust from children and their parents, he is specialized in that.

Also, the title text is inaccurate.
The 471 charges include first-degree and second-degree rape, but also include "unlawful sexual contact, sexual exploitation of a child and continuing sexual abuse of a child". I can't quickly find just how many of the charges were for rape.

Also, the title text is inaccurate.
The 471 charges include first-degree and second-degree rape, but also include "unlawful sexual contact, sexual exploitation of a child and continuing sexual abuse of a child". I can't quickly find just how many of the charges were for rape.

I'd rather not know the details of the charges. Just the idea of that makes my stomach sick :/ (but I see what you mean).

Some studies says that pedofiles use their charms to trick their victims to the point that they didn't realize immediately that they were victimized (especially because the victims are children).

If they are really young, they may not know or just feel something is wrong but unable to verbalize it.

If they are older, the perpetrator will try to use twisted rationalizations and project it onto the victim to fool them that it's okay which is evil. If they are someone the victim knows more closely, they may use guilt trips and subtle or overt threats and intimidation.

Another thing is people think these pedophiles are some unique monsters. There are people who sexually or otherwise assault others but may protect thier own children. The perpetrators come in different stripes. Heck, I know someone that would be on the same bandwagon angry and incriminating this pediatrician if that happened to thier kid but is a sexual criminal themself or really don't care if it happens to someone else. This is a crazy world full of hypocritical and deceitful people.

Do people realize there are folks who have upstanding jobs and positions in their community and families they care for and go overseas and rape kids? Yep. There are people who are rapists or child abusers who abuse thier stepchildren (sometimes thier own) and defend their own against wrong and rail against injustice when it happens to THEM but are perpetrators of the same to others.

The deceit is huge and a maze. People who are honest and realize wrong is wrong no matter who it's done to are truly good people which is more rare.

Last edited:
I wonder what parents whose kids didn't get molested thought:

"What, my kid wasn't pretty enough for you?"

But seriously, that's what the death penalty is for....

Back