Parenting--Social & Natural?

whitewolf said:
Humans leave their kids to live on their own, too. However, this happens later and later in life, as time goes on. If you notice, humans live much longer than most animals and our life keeps getting longer with availability of treatment for various illnesses. It is natural to let the kid go eventually. When, that's the question that is influenced by society and common sense, as well as individual situations.

Compare with dog. Dog life is about 12 years & humans say 60 years. Dog seems to leave their children just in 3/4 months. If you multiply 4months by 5 it is just 1.1/2 year. Then?

Hehe, yes. It begins evident when society dictates that you can't hit your children if you want to punish them. However, back when children were beaten they still grew into good, valuable adults. I think that since society has such a great influence on humans since an early age, parenting has lesser and lesser effect on the final outcome of personality.

We can also assess it when nature take care & have influence on child left in an early age by parents? Will it support 'survival of fittest'?

Humans leave their kids later and later in life as life itself gets more and more complex. The immediate reasons are economic; a child can't support itself in today's world. Schooling is necessary. There are more and more values that a child has to learn from the parent. Some parents never let go of their kids completely. My mom says I will always be a child to her. :mad:

Is it not all socially effected as you mentioned? Who taught the parents to leave their kids later & later in life? Who made the life more complex? Who taught a child can't support itself in today's world, Schooling, more and more values that a child has to learn from the parent, parents never let go of their kids completely? Who taught the moms to say her children are always be a child to her.

Is it not all socially effected as you mentioned?

No. It's adaptation to environment, thus natural. Picture a child of 1.5 yrs old supporting himself :D Also, biological; a human child can't learn how to support himself that early; our kids can't learn as fast as those of other animals. Our language is more complex, too; a kid of 2 can't communicate well, on both linguistic and psychological levels. There are just some things that kids don't learn untill much later.

Back