Paranormal Survivor

wegs

Matter and Pixie Dust
Valued Senior Member
Has anyone watched this tv series? I noticed it over the weekend and watched an episode. So, a woman who was convinced that her home was ''possessed'' (by dark energy/demons) set up motion sensor cameras, etc and the footage seemed convincing. I suppose one could take away that it was rigged, or set up to appear like there was dark energy moving about in the footage. But, there seemed to be a shadowy ''creature'' of some type, crawling through her home, while she was asleep. Hmm, it looked scary, but it had a cartoonish appearance, to be honest.

Tried to find the episode on youtube to post here, but I'm not seeing it. :rolleye:

So, regarding motion detectors, what would cause you to believe that what you're viewing is a ghostly entity?

Has anyone watched this tv series? I noticed it over the weekend and watched an episode. So, a woman who was convinced that her home was ''possessed'' (by dark energy/demons) set up motion sensor cameras, etc and the footage seemed convincing. I suppose one could take away that it was rigged, or set up to appear like there was dark energy moving about in the footage. But, there seemed to be a shadowy ''creature'' of some type, crawling through her home, while she was asleep. Hmm, it looked scary, but it had a cartoonish appearance, to be honest.

Tried to find the episode on youtube to post here, but I'm not seeing it. :rolleye:

So, regarding motion detectors, what would cause you to believe that what you're viewing is a ghostly entity?
Surely you realize that this a fictional "tv series" produced for Entertainment purposes.

see this : https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4355188/fullcredits?ref_=m_tt_cl_scc

Last edited:
Awwww! Click bait!!

I read the title and thought this was going to be the 'haunted house' report you promised!:mad:

I didn't know that either. Where did you find that information?

Description:

"Real people share the terrifing and supernatural stories of their experience."

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4355188/?ref_=m_ttfc_tt

I've noticed that in some question/answer reviews, the show is basically considered "fictional entertainment", but then again...many here might consider Ghost Hunters to be the same, MR. ;)

Awwww! Click bait!!

I read the title and thought this was going to be the 'haunted house' report you promised!:mad:

lol That's not click bait, you. It's the name of an actual show!

I'm going to check out some local haunts around Halloween time...and will present my findings, then. Be patient...:wink:

I've noticed that in some question/answer reviews, the show is basically considered "fictional entertainment", but then again...many here might consider Ghost Hunters to be the same, MR. ;)

Alot of people make that claim without supporting it. My understanding is that it is real accounts by real people that are dramatized with actors acting it out. Nothing wrong with that. Movies do it all the time.

Alot of people make that claim without supporting it. My understanding is that it is real accounts by real people that are dramatized with actors acting it out. Nothing wrong with that. Movies do it all the time.
Yea, that's what I assumed it to be, as well. In the episode that I've watched, they are ''real'' people (not actors) being interviewed, and then they'd show the ''dramatization'' to depict what the person was describing, but also their own footage. So, Idk. I don't believe every eye witness account, but this isn't a series like...Stranger Things or something lol

Last edited:
No one is calling it science and this is the appropriate subforum.

I look at this section as light hearted and fun but to each their own lol

Last edited:
No one is calling it science and this is the appropriate subforum.
opposites are not reasons

i am making the statement that it is entertainment so assigning the premise of supernatural scientific process is probably only going to lead to the brick wall they design to create the boundary to present entertainment to make money.

... jumping to assume a negative message between the lines... etc...

the show is basically considered "fictional entertainment", but then again...many here might consider Ghost Hunters to be the same
Putting the words "Paranormal" or "Ghost" in the title is presupposing the outcome, isn't it? It's a bit like the search for Noah's Ark where every piece of wood they find is confirmation of their conclusion.

Putting the words "Paranormal" or "Ghost" in the title is presupposing the outcome, isn't it? It's a bit like the search for Noah's Ark where every piece of wood they find is confirmation of their conclusion.
Not really. The show itself is a compilation of ''ghost stories,'' but that doesn't mean there is truth to any of the stories. Just that the stories are about supposed paranormal encounters.

Not really. The show itself is a compilation of ''ghost stories,'' but that doesn't mean there is truth to any of the stories.
Wouldn't you think a show called Deer Hunters presupposed the existence of deer?

The show depicts real accounts of the paranormal by real people. Ofcourse it presupposes the reality of the paranormal. So what?

The show depicts real accounts of the paranormal by real people. Ofcourse it presupposes the reality of the paranormal. So what?
As I said, it's a bit like the search for Noah's Ark where every piece of wood they find is confirmation of their conclusion. It's a diving-board for confirmation bias.

As I said, it's a bit like the search for Noah's Ark where every piece of wood they find is confirmation of their conclusion. It's a diving-board for confirmation bias.
I don't think this show purports to be about proving or disproving paranormal activity. It takes as a premise that paranormal activity exists, and explores it. I see nothing wrong with that.

This is more honest than Ghost Hunters, which pretends to be objective and then pretends to try to show it. That's a different kettle of fish.

Back