Out Of Africa

Multiregionalism is bunk. The MtDNA and Y chromosome data, the fact that the human gene pool is much less diverse than other species(there is more genetiv disparity in a troop of chimps there there is in the entire human race), and the fact that modern humans show up in Africa far earlier (200,000 years ago) then elsewhere (after 100,000 years ago), has pretty much disproven multiregionalism.

I have seen a show on PBS, a Nova episode I think, on Neanderthals. They have managed to recover some mitochondrial DNA from some late specimens. This DNA shows the earliest common ancestor with modern humans to be about 250,000 years ago. I may be off on the date, but it was well before modern humans existed.

Another PBS special followed the work of one man on the migrations out of Africa. His work used the y chromosome. It showed an early migration through southern Asia and into Australia. A second, larger migration moved into central Asia, then split east and west, filling Asia and Europe.

I don't know why I missed this 24 page long thread til now, but despite length of my post of many months back, some may be interested. I offer a new reason why "Out of Africa" event occured, why and how the Neanderthals got killed off by our weaker, smaller-brained ancestors, etc. See third post from last in thread:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=51693

It is a very long post, so for your convience, I just edited it to make

"Out of Africa mystery" bold as it is here. You should first read proof /point 3 of the "Geuine Free Will" section and then more if interested. (That part will not be entrely understandable alone.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back