Origin of the universe

Like Stephen Hawking said "It is hard to understand."

You don't need to think about it, all you have to do is read the maths..

+1 + -1 = 0
I doubt if the Universe can just be reduced to a maths equation. These unit-less numbers can't be the whole answer. :)
But carry on.:)

In red means that YOU KNOW. Therefore when you said NOBODY KNOWS.. you were wrong!!! You used the word 'correct'... so that means you KNOW.

I am posting about you saying that NOBODY KNOWS. Not what you are arguing about.

Let me remind you what you said....

Yet you are arguing about your own comment, and saying "Holy Cow CORRECT!!!"

We both say that nothing doesn't exist, yet you allowed it to exist by saying NOBODY KNOWS. Which means you think that nothing could exist.

Now do you understand?

You have completely missed the verbiage that I used. I said that *nothing* doesn't APPEAR to be anything more than a human-made concept. I did not CLAIM that *nothing* does or does not objectively exist. While I certainly don't think an absence of everything / anything could exist, I am issuing zero claim about it.

The opening poster asked this specific question: "Did the universe really come from nothing, aka ex nihilo or was the Buddha right when he said that the universe has no begining and no end?". The correct answer is in fact nobody knows (not just that, the opening poster positions the question as an -OR- question and it's by no means certain that those are the only choices). To know the answer means you have knowledge about the universe / reality that would greatly trump the sum of all scientific knowledge to date. You in particular (nor any other well established crackpot pseudoscientist) do not posess such knowledge.

You have completely missed the verbiage that I used. I said that *nothing* doesn't APPEAR to be anything more than a human-made concept. I did not CLAIM that *nothing* does or does not objectively exist. While I certainly don't think an absence of everything / anything could exist, I am issuing zero claim about it.

The opening poster asked this specific question: "Did the universe really come from nothing, aka ex nihilo or was the Buddha right when he said that the universe has no begining and no end?". The correct answer is in fact nobody knows (not just that, the opening poster positions the question as an -OR- question and it's by no means certain that those are the only choices). To know the answer means you have knowledge about the universe / reality that would greatly trump the sum of all scientific knowledge to date. You in particular (nor any other well established crackpot pseudoscientist) do not posess such knowledge.

So why did you say it was the first correct thing that I had said then? You have been arguing with yourself all night on here. So now you think that NOTHING could exist?

So why did you say it was the first correct thing that I had said then? You have been arguing with yourself all night on here. So now you think that NOTHING could exist?

What I stated was "This MAY be your first correct statement... ". I personally don't think that *nothing* can exist, but that is an opinion.

Hawking doesn't post bullshit the way you and Robbitybob1 do.
Specious argument.
I looked up the definition specious argument - "an argument that appears good at first view but is really fallacious"

Well you have the opportunity to falsify the arguments - come on instead of just complaining.:)

I looked up the definition specious argument - "an argument that appears good at first view but is really fallacious"

Well you have the opportunity to falsify the arguments - come on instead of just complaining.:)
Try reading what I wrote: Pincho's "conclusion" that I want to consign Hawking to the Cesspool is specious, since that's not what I stated. :rolleyes:

What I stated was "This MAY be your first correct statement... ". I personally don't think that *nothing* can exist, but that is an opinion.

Let me just fix that for you, you said...

Holy cow holy cow! This may be your first correct statement... ever! Yes, *nothing* doesn't appear to be anything more than a human made concept (i.e. it is not a real entity in actual reality).

Watched it.
And you're twisting the statement.
But that's to be expected since you're clueless on actual science.

yeah. The science which I posted, and now Stephen Hawking is using. The same science which last year you were posting...

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

Back