One and only question for all on this board!

Gravage

Registered Senior Member
Do telepathy,telekinesis and all other things that are connected to parapsychology truly exist or it's just another fiction?
How many cases in these 100 years of telepethy,telekinesis and all other aspects of parapsychology have been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AS BEING TRUE?
Big thanks!

I doubt that any proper double blind experiments have been performed, so there probably wouldn't be any scientific papers published, but I'm certain you'll find many claims of hearsay proof if you search the web.

One simple word can answer you question Gravage, and the one answeris:

----------------Drum Roll--------------

No!

You're casting a very wide net there, Gravage, with "all other things that are connected to parapsychology".

It appears that, right now, there is no good scientific evidence for any form of telepathy, ESP or telekinesis. In fact, there is a $1 million prize up for grabs for anybody who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions. Strangely, few people even get to the point of agreeing to be tested scientifically.

James R - You think Sylvia Browne is just waiting until she really NEEDS the money to collect her prize? I'm sure that for the time being the scale pay she gets for Larry King appearances and the money she gets helping the cops find victims' car keys and stuff is keeping her rolling in it. Once the time comes for her retirment, she'll jump on the challenge and walk away with a cool million. Maybe she considers it to be her retirement plan. Yeah....I'm sure that's why she has yet to come forth and take the challenge as she'd said she would. ;)

How long has it been now since she agreed to take the test? About 3 years...

Hehe, the woman who 'sees no future beyond 2003'... yet has 100 year predictions. also, if you actually look at her transcripts from shows she's been on, you'll see that she syas one thing, which is wrong, and the audience member/caller corrects her.

Browne: Because it looks like there was something about a clot.
Caller: Yes, he had a severe brain hemorrhage at the very last minute.
(These two are opposite conditions)

Then on top it it she makes false medical advice:
Said to check the liver enzyme bilirubin (it is not a liver enzyme, and can be tested by looking at a person - it's jaundice)
Said to examine shit to test for Epstein-Barr (no such test exists)
Said Randi had a problem in his left ventricle (Randi saw a doctor and had no problem)

What is probably the most telling is that she doesn't make any real prediction until after the caller is disconnected. While the caller is on the line she 'hunts'

Brown has also accepted to take Randi's challenge, and the discussed the test to be performed on air. Brown agreed. Then she backed down because the money wasn't in escrow (the same money she said she didn't want). It turns out the money was in escrow, by Brown never actually asked or contacted Randi at all. Even after being informed of this, she has not taken the test.

Gravage said:
Do telepathy,telekinesis and all other things that are connected to parapsychology truly exist or it's just another fiction?
How many cases in these 100 years of telepethy,telekinesis and all other aspects of parapsychology have been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AS BEING TRUE?
Big thanks!

That would be fiction

Do you know what is the IEEE ?

Do you know that there is an IEEE for ESP phenomena?

Did you know that there are public documentation, and standart scientific protocols that were tested and proved?

Some ESP phenomena under laboratory study as been proven effectively.
Even though the public sciences field dont want to know about this.

Some other "paranormal" phenomena are still a mistery

Of course all these lab protocols are double blind, inform yourself. ex. Scientific American and Nature magazines have shown these documents some decades ago.

At least I can inform you of what many people dont even dream about existing..

Ertai said:
Do you know what is the IEEE ?

Do you know that there is an IEEE for ESP phenomena?

Did you know that there are public documentation, and standart scientific protocols that were tested and proved?

Some ESP phenomena under laboratory study as been proven effectively.
Even though the public sciences field dont want to know about this.

Some other "paranormal" phenomena are still a mistery

Of course all these lab protocols are double blind, inform yourself. ex. Scientific American and Nature magazines have shown these documents some decades ago.

At least I can inform you of what many people dont even dream about existing..

IEEE = A place where eggheads get together to nerd off about CE and CS
theory.

The ESP version of IEEE = A place where creative people get together to
nerd off about ESP fantasy.

To date, no human has been able to reproduce these types of 'abilities'.
As someone mentioned earlier, there is a long standing $1 mil prize for
anyone who can prove such abilities. That's free cash Maynard.

I keep an open mind about this but as yet have NOT been able to see anything that is credible or proven without any speculation that these events actually occur. Many people claim to do these things but alas when they are tested in a scientific manner they cannot prove they can do anything of the sort. Perhaps one day there will be someone that will be able to do these things but as yet it hasn't happened to my satisfaction.

The site at which there's a million dollar reward for proving the existance of such phenomenon is:

http://www.randi.org/

James R said:
In fact, there is a $1 million prize up for grabs for anybody who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions. Strangely, few people even get to the point of agreeing to be tested scientifically.

Are u James Randi?!!!

Yes Mr. Randi is the Nº1 Scientific Institute in the whole world :D

God, these guys must be joking if they think that ESP doesnt exist because Mr. Randi whatsoever as not been claimed..

Get a life!

Or do you believe in known laboratory and university studies, Nature magazine and IEEE magazines (no, its not the ESP version, its the IEEE itself!), etc.. that revealed the truth behind ESP ?

James R said:
You're casting a very wide net there, Gravage, with "all other things that are connected to parapsychology".

It appears that, right now, there is no good scientific evidence for any form of telepathy, ESP or telekinesis. In fact, there is a $1 million prize up for grabs for anybody who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions. Strangely, few people even get to the point of agreeing to be tested scientifically.

Hey,James!Sure this price surely proves that there is none who possesses that kind of abilities since none wanted to test himself,but my another question would be this:Would a person(if this person exists at all) that truly possesses these paranormal abilities(ESP,telepethy,telekinesis and everthing else connected with parapsychology) really wanted to let him/herself to be tested by scientific experiments?Everything is sure a fake.But what if there are people that don't want to be tested by science and win a $1 million prize for anybody who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions,but they TRULY HAVE all kinds of paranormal abilities-I am only asking if there is there a possibility for that?
Sai-Babba was supposed to have those parapsychological abilities,although I'm not sure,if he was a fake or not...

Not that they are in any way related to the proving or disproving of his abiliities, and to veer completely off-topic, but what ever became of the pedophilia charges against him?

:m: Peace.

Gravage said:
Hey,James!Sure this price surely proves that there is none who possesses that kind of abilities since none wanted to test himself,but my another question would be this:Would a person(if this person exists at all) that truly possesses these paranormal abilities(ESP,telepethy,telekinesis and everthing else connected with parapsychology) really wanted to let him/herself to be tested by scientific experiments?Everything is sure a fake.But what if there are people that don't want to be tested by science and win a $1 million prize for anybody who can demonstrate such abilities under controlled conditions,but they TRULY HAVE all kinds of paranormal abilities-I am only asking if there is there a possibility for that?
Sai-Babba was supposed to have those parapsychological abilities,although I'm not sure,if he was a fake or not...

Hi Gravage! Just a couple of points. First of all, I agree that it is quite likely that no one can meet the terms of the wager that randi proposes. However, that does not mean that there is no reality to these phenomena, randi probably has extremely stringent tests devised.

As the link I provided above may show, skin reactivity may vary based on knowledge of an image that will be shown in the future(the reaction to the image begins before one is physically shown it). There is a fair bit of good scientific data out there about some "paranormal" abilities in this vein.

Here is another page with some good studies, IMO.

http://www.sheldrake.org/papers/Telepathy/index.html

Cheers,

Back