OJ found guilty, again!

He got nailed for direct TV piracy?!? Man, people really were on his ass!

The El Segundo, California-based company later won a US$25,000 judgment, and Simpson was ordered to pay US$33,678 in attorneys' fees and costs.

That is some cabel bill...

LOL, maybe that's true, but Read-Only is correct. OJ faced a criminal trial and was found not guilty.

Civil cases have nothing to do with guilt or innocence at all.
He was found responsible.
While that may seem nit-picking on a minor point, it really is a significant difference.

He was not found guilty for the murders, but a civil court did find him responsible for their deaths.

I wonder how likely it would have been that OJ would have gotten off the hook if there were blacks on the jury, no matter how strong the evidence is. :shrug:

He would have gotten off. I have overheard black people blame the micheal vick thing on inbred jews. They rally around their own.

Civil cases have nothing to do with guilt or innocence at all.
He was found responsible.
While that may seem nit-picking on a minor point, it really is a significant difference.

He was not found guilty for the murders, but a civil court did find him responsible for their deaths.
You show a very valid point. The process in both cases followed the law to the letter. Others are applying moral opinion to the outcomes. Morals and the law are not the same thing. Most find this fact annoying as hell. The common statement I run into all the time is "The law should be based on morals". It isn't. It's based on a consensus of opinion concerning the welfare of a given society. The morals MAY be a factor in how the law is derived, but not in it's application.

I'm speaking of U.S.A. law. I know virtually nothing about the legal system of other countries.

There was no legal grounds at all for any claim of "Double Jeopardy" in the cases involving that murderous, lying scum, O.J. :), my feelings are now clear.

You are and they both mean the same in this case...
In fact, they don't mean anything similar in this case. Not if you're speaking in terms of legal meaning.

I believe that you're expressing your personal beliefs. That's all well and good, but it has nothing to do with the legal terminology.

The legal term is liable, in plain English it means responsibe. Happy?

If he wasn't responsible, he wouldn't be liable... :)

Back