OJ facing 100 years!

madanthonywayne

Morning in America
Registered Senior Member
So the guy literally gets away with murder and how does he use his second chance? Armed robery! The idiot broke into the Palace Station with armed men and stold some sports memoralbilia:
Las Vegas Metro Police believe O.J. stormed into the Palace Station Thursday night to get sports memorabilia with a group of men, two of whom were armed.

O.J. says it was stolen merchandise and a sting operation of sorts to get it back. He says no guns were involved, but police say otherwise.

Metro considers this an armed robbery.
As a result he's up on multiple charges facing serious time.
Clark County District Attornet said Simpson was likely to face seven felony counts and one gross-misdemeanor count in connection with the alleged robbery in Las Vegas. The counts carry a maximum total of more than 100 years in prison.

The prospective charges and possible punishments:

* Conspiracy to commit robbery, a felony, one to six years in state prison.
* Burglary with the use a deadly weapon, a felony, two to 15 years in state prison.
* Assault with a deadly weapon, two counts, felonies, one to six years in state prison on each count.Coercion with a deadly weapon, a felony, two to 12 years in state prison.
* Robbery with the use of a deadly weapon, two counts, a felony, two to 15 years in state prison on each count plus an enhancement of up to 15 years on each count for use of a firearm.
* Conspiracy to commit a crime, a gross misdemeanor, up to one year in county jail. http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7074735
Is this Karma catching up with him, or what?

Put a beggar on horseback and he rides away with the horse.

Put a beggar on horseback and he rides away with the horse.
i've been meaning to say something to you nutter.
your avatar has the ugliest, most disgusting "smile" (for lack of a better word) i've ever seen. as a matter of fact it's almost offensive.

So the guy literally gets away with murder and how does he use his second chance? Armed robery! The idiot broke into the Palace Station with armed men and stold some sports memoralbilia:
As a result he's up on multiple charges facing serious time.

Is this Karma catching up with him, or what?

hey no one has ever accused him of being a genius

What I really want to know is whether, when fleeing, he was jumping over suitcases and chairs with a stiff-arm to would be defensive ends . . .

Maybe then he could plea temporary insanity . . .

I doubt it even makes it to trial. The 'victim' is already recanting. How far can it go if the robbery victim refuses to testify?

I doubt it even makes it to trial. The 'victim' is already recanting. How far can it go if the robbery victim refuses to testify?

Shorty thinks it was all a stunt, to promote his book(and fred goldman's). If your comment is true, then it seems Shorty is an even better cynic than I am. That actually humbles me more than anything else she has ever bested me at.

If it hadn't been ARMED robbery, among other crimes, you might be right. However, the illegally armed part is something that won't go away so easily.

Baron Max

I heard on the news this morning that the other man involved may testify against Oj (rumor and speculation by the news ppl)

After the way the police got nailed to the wall in the original OJ trial, do you really think they'd charge him if they didn't have an iron-clad case?

If it hadn't been ARMED robbery, among other crimes, you might be right. However, the illegally armed part is something that won't go away so easily.
It's technically true that the state doesn't need the victim to press charges in order to charge him, but realistically they have close to zero chance of convicting him the guy who is supposed to be the victim claims that the crime didn't happen.

Thats Vegas for you.

Legal to gamble, get married and divorced on a whim, but illegal to get your stuff back from a thief.

n the news, O.J. Simpson is in jail for trying to reclaim some items in Las Vegas that an alleged thief stole from him. If O.J. is found guilty of asking a thief to return his belongings, he could go to jail for 30 years.

I assume O.J. is kicking himself for not killing everyone in the room, covering himself in their DNA, and going golfing. You have to stick with what works. What the Hell was he thinking?

This incident should be good for the reputation of Las Vegas. They pride themselves on being a place where activities that are normally immoral or illegal are encouraged. In Las Vegas, you can gamble all day, have sex with a stranger, and, apparently, steal her watch. In Las Vegas, it’s illegal for her to ask you to return it.

http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/

Yes, vigilante justice is illegal. This just proves that OJ believes in taking the law into his own hands. I hope he goes away for the rest of his life.

From Sam's link:
I assume O.J. is kicking himself for not killing everyone in the room, covering himself in their DNA, and going golfing. You have to stick with what works.What the Hell was he thinking?

Unfortunately for O.J., his old attorney Johnny Cochrane has passed away. He’s the one who coined the phrase “If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit.” In my opinion, that rhyme freed O.J. I recall reading a study that says people perceive things that rhyme to be more persuasive than things that don’t. Who will create the new rhyme that sets O.J. free?
That guy's always funny. But come on, Sam. How can you defend a double murderer?

rimshot.gif

Back